• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

flying with band

bahia

Hi all,
just wandering has anyone had a long haul flight with the band. I have 6.5ml in a 10ml band but am booked a week before flying to have a 1ml out.

The nurse said dont eat on the flight but as a very generous partner is flying us first class on new years eve. DAMN!!!! no food or champagne on the flight????

Hi all,
just wandering has anyone had a long haul flight with the band. I have 6.5ml in a 10ml band but am booked a week before flying to have a 1ml out.

The nurse said dont eat on the flight but as a very generous partner is flying us first class on new years eve. DAMN!!!! no food or champagne on the flight????

i dont know so hope you dont mind me posting, just wanted to say you lucky thing and had a fab time. x :D

Wow! sounds fantastic, I havent flown long haul with my band but the last thing you want is to eat and get something stuck :( the small defill and sticking to liquids sounds like a good plan x

Whoa nice, where r u going? Hope it is a nice holiday? I have gone anywhere yet with my band but from what I read before small defill stick to liquid on flight and a day or two afterwards.... better check with ur provider. Enjoy :)

Hi off to Goa. Bit scared about flying with band but I'll keep you all posted on how it goes

Have you been before its meant to be fab. Have a great time and relax. Make your partner run after you lol oh and have some you time in the spa you'll enjoy it xx

I made 2 long haul flights when i had my band and had a terrible time on each occassion. The first time the band tighten so much that by the time i flew home i could not drink anything at all and had to have an emergency de fill . The 2nd time having had a small defill i ended up in hospital on a drip for dehydration. Not sure if i was just unlucky but i would strongly suggest a defill before you go . That said, i had a lot of problems with my band over tightening when ever it wanted and making me ill , i have now had a revision to a bypass and getting on with my new tool far better , i am a slow loser but have not been sick and feel healthy and happy. Have a fab holiday.

Hi. I flew long haul in September just a couple of days after my first fill of 7mls in my 14ml band, with no problems whatsoever. Just ate the softest food on the plane, and didn't drink alcohol, just water. When I saw the nurse last week I asked her about flying in the new year, and she said that now I have more restriction (9mls) she would recommend a small defill. I would definitely take your providers advice. (where did Mr Super do your op?) Hope you have a brilliant time :)

Thanks Dee did you have a defill before you flew?

Thanks flutterby Mr Super did my op at Dolan Park. Have a 1ml defill booked a week before I fly.

Thanks Durhamlass feel a bit better.

Also dont you all find you can eat more if you drink alcohol?

On the 2nd occassion i did but i was then on a 12 /13 hour flight to Phoenix , i took really ill when in was there , it might have been the heat or the flight , either way i ended up in a&e and could not fly home when scheduled and had to wait a couple of days until better. Like i said i had a lot of problems with my band , i am sure if you follow your nurses advise you will be fine.

Hi Bahia

Mr Super did my op at Dolan Park too, so perhaps we have the same nurse (and the same advice). I know I read some negative posts about THG however they have been great with me.

I rarely drink - firstly because its empty calories, which I would prefer to use on nice food, and secondly for the very reason you said. It really lowers my guard, and I feel as though I can eat anything and everything. Having said that, I do eat out a lot, and if I know I am going out to somewhere which may be a little stressful (with people that do not know I have a band or where the food choices are limited) - I consciously choose just to have a small glass of wine. It helps relax me, which helps when it comes to eating. The things we do to succeed, eh ... All Great Fun!

Back