• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flying

Jooles

I am flying to the USA in October, will I need to have some fluid out of my band to fly? I'm hoping not as I'm doing so well at the moment and don't want to ruin anything?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am going on a long haul flight in November and discussed this with my team. They said it was not necessary to have anything taken out of the band. You may feel more restriction than normal during the flight due to cabin pressure but once you land everything should be fine.

tranquil x

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to go with what I have in, just don't want to undo any of my hard work! I will make sure I drink a lot and just be careful :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

This is a great thread - was thinking of posting about flying myself, aiming to go back to San Francisco next year (and Japan the following year!) and was hoping my band wouldn't prove any problem.
Ncie to hear from people who've flown without any difficulties - thanks!

I have just flown to the states. I had my first band fill - 7mls in 14ml band four days earlier and had no problems whatsoever. I managed to eat the airline food and drink with no additional feeling of restriction. Hope you have a great time ...x

Back