• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

following the lead

karenlouisemee

well after seeing beabea post i took it upon myself to call derby hospital to see if i could find out where i am on the list anyway i am getting a call back soon but while i was on the phone the receptionist said i was booked in for a bypass which i knew but then she mentioned a repair to hyetus hernia which i had no clue i even had never mind it needing repairing could anyone shed any light on what this is.:confused:

I have that too Karen, mines like a little pocket (hernia)on my gullet where acid goes and gives me heart burn. I believe they can be anywhere from the gullet down to the stomach, sounds like theyve decided to "do it" whilst they are there :D I dont think you will notice any difference after the op, if they hadnt told you about it I dont think you would notice it had been done :D X

Think of it as 2 for the price of one Karen!
xxx

Brilliant Karen so pleased for you. xx

Yes Karen it is where the stomach squeezes up through the diaphragm and causes a small hole. It causes acid reflux and heartburn. I have one too and will have mine done at same time too.

Xxxx

Karen i have two words for you:

Merry Christmas xxx

What a marvellous early gift, you've waited long enough for it xxx

hi

well done on your date hoping to see you next week wasnt too good last one
brill

xx

Back