• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"You don't eat much, do you?" - LOL

Jozefina

- so said someone to me last night! :eek:

So I'd been asked, by my boss, to meet a Very Important Client, over from Australia, for a drink. OK, fine, so far, so normal. Off I trot into London, meet the guy, have a glass of water, all good. THEN he said he was hungry (it was 7.30pm) and could we please go somewhere for dinner? OK, I said and rang up and booked us a table at a very nice restaurant where I am familiar with the menu and knew that I could get something small and light.

Upon arrival, he ate the contents of the bread basket (I didn't of course touch it) and he then ordered a MASSIVE fish pie (in a dish the size of my laptop, no kidding). I ordered a starter size portion of dressed crab and fiddled around with about a third of it. He then had cherry and almond tart and cream, a very generous plate of cheese and two coffees and petit fours.

Gazing at my discarded plate of crab, he said "You don't eat much, do you?" - to which I could only reply something about having had a "big lunch" and "not being a big eater in the evening" :cry: - !!!

I can honestly say that this is the first EVER time anyone has ever commented to me that I "don't eat much!". How my world has changed since June 13th ...

Brilliant.

Little did he know it was a lot for you. lol

Tee hee ..... Sounds like be ate for two anyway.

Visions of large strapping Aussie with half a cow and a beer not a fish pie and petit fours:D

Tee hee ..... Sounds like be ate for two anyway.

Visions of large strapping Aussie with half a cow and a beer not a fish pie and petit fours:D

I know! And he could have ordered that, it was certainly on the menu (steak and seafood bar).

The b@s***d emailed me yesterday (cc-ing my boss :cry:) to thank me for dinner and to ask if I was OK given "how little" I'd eaten. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Boss now thinks I have an ED, LOL.

I know! And he could have ordered that, it was certainly on the menu (steak and seafood bar).

The b@s***d emailed me yesterday (cc-ing my boss :cry:) to thank me for dinner and to ask if I was OK given "how little" I'd eaten. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Boss now thinks I have an ED, LOL.

Can't win can you! Funny though xx:D

Update: am going to Australia next month and client wants to take me out; has emailed to suggest dinner in Sydney (again, cc-ing The Boss) and says "hope your appetite has recovered by then".

Waaaah. No!

Ha ha funny!!! x

Update: am going to Australia next month and client wants to take me out; has emailed to suggest dinner in Sydney (again, cc-ing The Boss) and says "hope your appetite has recovered by then".

Waaaah. No!

Lol!

- so said someone to me last night! :eek:

So I'd been asked, by my boss, to meet a Very Important Client, over from Australia, for a drink. OK, fine, so far, so normal. Off I trot into London, meet the guy, have a glass of water, all good. THEN he said he was hungry (it was 7.30pm) and could we please go somewhere for dinner? OK, I said and rang up and booked us a table at a very nice restaurant where I am familiar with the menu and knew that I could get something small and light.

Upon arrival, he ate the contents of the bread basket (I didn't of course touch it) and he then ordered a MASSIVE fish pie (in a dish the size of my laptop, no kidding). I ordered a starter size portion of dressed crab and fiddled around with about a third of it. He then had cherry and almond tart and cream, a very generous plate of cheese and two coffees and petit fours.

Gazing at my discarded plate of crab, he said "You don't eat much, do you?" - to which I could only reply something about having had a "big lunch" and "not being a big eater in the evening" :cry: - !!!

I can honestly say that this is the first EVER time anyone has ever commented to me that I "don't eat much!". How my world has changed since June 13th ...

Loll it Saturday my skinny friend finished my chilli con Carney off for me... It's a new problem for me to have, not being able to eat enough.

Forgot to add: this is why I told people, pretty much everyone, about the surgery... To avoid tsuch misunderstandings and to not seem impolite when invited out and hardly eating anything. Hope you can get it sorted. XX

This gets easier as you get skinnier. I felt ridiculous when I was huge saying 'I'm full, I've had enough!'

Forgot to add: this is why I told people, pretty much everyone, about the surgery... To avoid tsuch misunderstandings and to not seem impolite when invited out and hardly eating anything. Hope you can get it sorted. XX

Yes, fair point, but I just don't think it would be appropriate to tell a client about personal stuff. I'm also not convinced that eating out but not eating much is rude, per se - it's just different. It's not as if I'm "rejecting" someone's loving home cooked food, after all, LOL

I think TLS is right and it will become less of a talking point once I look a bit thinner (can't quite bring myself to use "skinny" about myself!)

I had a mystery tooth ache when someone commented on my meagre portion. It was a complimentary buffet at work and 4 days after a decent fill....I was dreading it. No slider foods and nothing healthy....I managed a mini samosa, a mini onion bhaji and half a slice of cooked chicken.

The people at the table concurred that it must be my wisdom teeth!!

Good luck in inventing excuses. I started just saying I am on a diet. If nosey people pushed it I bored the pants off them about it to they left me alone.

Back