• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food ideas in this heat

Caroline101061

Hi all

Im post bypass and on solids and Im so so bored with food that I dont want to eat - apart from fruit but I know that I have to eat properly as it were - anyone got any ideas for light, interesting meals that involve minimal cooking?? Im looking for inspiration as much as anything else - not having an appetite makes cooking and shopping a nightmare - I also find Im becoming completely picky - I never was before!

What sort of things do you like?

I find fish a nice light option, if you go on the internet and look up recipes, thats always a good starting place. Also there is a sticky at top of forum with WLS recipe ideas.

I personally like cold foods when it is hot out. Like crisp salad, topped with a scoop of chicken salad/tuna salad/egg salad. Or a whole wheat pita stuffed with sliced meat and veggies. I have been keen on what I call tortilla pizza where you top a tortilla with sauce cheese and toppings of choice and bake for ten minutes, with only 5-10 minutes of prep you can be eating in less than 20 minutes. If you have BBQ grill, you can do meat and veg/fruit skewers (shrimp & pineapple or chicken and peppers are yummy). Also a light fluffy fritata with cheese, tomato & mushrooms takes less than 10 minutes and can be served with a fruit salad for a light meal.

Those are just some ideas, hope that helps.

Nic;)

thanks guys - used to love all meats and chicken and veg and fish but now - blah! Never ever thought I would have to make myself eat - a new experience for a new me! Love the tortilla ideas!

Have you tried the Protien shots, I'm having one right now, because i just don't feel like food at the min, They have 20 grams of protien per each carton, so at least you would be getting your protien. heres the link to buy them online, MET Rx Ready To Drink 12 x 330ml Carton | UK CHEAP SUPPLEMENTS | MRPs | MET Rx Ready To Drink 12 x 330ml Carton

Phatgirl atually told me about these and here is the previous thread, http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/67707-where-get-tasty-protein-supplements.html

I know you wanted food ideas, but its just a thought.
Also,what about some cottage cheese or Prawns, Crabsticks dipped in a light dip.

thanks guys - used to love all meats and chicken and veg and fish but now - blah! Never ever thought I would have to make myself eat - a new experience for a new me! Love the tortilla ideas!

Ditto! I am finding it hard to eat anything; I'm just not bothered. I know it will change though as I move onto 'grown up food (am at the tail end of 'sloppies' which I have found as dull as ditch water).

good old baked beans, i love spicy baked beans there yum ! :p

I just had one of them new birdseye fish things you cook from frozen in a bag think its called simply irrasistable 20g of protein and about 180 cals bought some posh baby beetroots from sainsburys and did some sald with it was well yummy

I soaked some bulgar wheat tonight (pour boiling water on top and leave for 30 minutes) and mixed it with a lemon dressing, some tuna, some parmesan and some chopped salad veg. Yum. Do it with cous cous and pearl barley too sometimes. Good one for taking in to work too.

Back