• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ideas for solid food stage pls

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all well on Tuesday i am 4 weeks and cant wait to finish this terrible sloppy stage, i have hated it and dont want to see much more sloppy food, we only do 2 weeks liquid then 2 weeks sloppy then on to solids.
I looked round Tesco today to try and get some ideas but all the food i used to like pre op when i even looked at it today it made me sick to think bout eating it.
I got a crust-less mini quiche which was 280 cals and 20grms protein, thought that could be good for 2/3 meals but apart from that am stuck for ideas and really need some help pls.

What foods did u eat when u started the solid food stage, and what foods would u suggest i stay away 4 the next few weeks.
Thanks and take care xxxx

4 weeks? Never, time has flown. Foods to avoid, I would suggest steering clear of meat initially, as several people on here have said it is quite hard to digest. My problem with it, is that after two mouthfuls the rest of it is stone cold! Some folks have probs with bread, others dont. I would say that if you want to try something new, just have a little and wait and see. You are doing well by checking food labels and watching the fat and sugar content. Oh, apparently scrambled eggs can be tricky, I haven' tried that one yet. I have found fish to be well received by my pouch, so I do tend to eat quite a bit of it. I love salad but introduced it to my diet in small amounts as fibrous foods can be difficult at first. HTH.

I've just looked back at my food diary and at four weeks i started introducing scrambled eggs (made with extra milk so they were a bit wet rather than dry) and i had no problems but i know that many people do. Poached, soft fish with a sauce ( i tried the frozen ones but the texture was far from soft lol). I started eating veg that wasn't mushed up but overcooked it so it was nice and soft. I also had very finely minced beef and turkey (not sure if you are veggie or not ?) and varied this from shepherds pie, bolognese and chilli to stop myself getting bored !
The main thing is to take it easy, because if you push things too far too quickly you can easily set yourself back a stage by making your pouch sore.

I must admit that I haven't eaten a potatoe since 2 weeks before me op, just haven't fancied them at all.

When I went on to solids I just tried minced turkey to start with in various flavoured sauces. Now I'm eating braising steak, chicken breast, curry made with diced turkey thighs with a variety of salads & veg. I've not had any problems with anything I eat.

I've made my own mini crustless quiches and put them in the freezer for when I need them.

I read somewhere the other day that if you start your day with an egg, because they are difficult to digest you feel fuller for longer. I think eggs are the only things I've had issues with. Not that they make me sick or anything, they just seem to get a little stuck, regardless of how long I chew.

i was looking at the "Great Stuff" range in asda (i know it's technically the kids stuff lol) for when i move onto to more solid food lol...handy little half can sizes :)
meatballs and ravioli and whatnot

though admittedly i am also trying to work out what i can take to a festival to cook for myself too lol

i was looking at the "Great Stuff" range in asda (i know it's technically the kids stuff lol) for when i move onto to more solid food lol...handy little half can sizes :)
meatballs and ravioli and whatnot

though admittedly i am also trying to work out what i can take to a festival to cook for myself too lol

What festival are you going to?

Rx

Back