• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food

Paula Garner

Had to ask this, as it just popped into my head. It's a question for all the post op members. Are there any foods that you crave or really miss eating now that your post op ?

Also are there foods that you used to be able to eat, but can't eat now ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

i miss...now this is gonna sound stupid.....haribo jelly babies lol. although i have found a shop which does sugar free sweets... so may have to see if they have some jellies..if they have then i will get a small bag and hopefully that will put end to that craving lol. apart from that...im not really craving much or miss much.... i seem to be ok with most things i eat... they have been all below the 5g rule though so who knows. i can eat bread, pasta, eggs, and a tiny bit of cous cous... not had rice yet so we will see x

No dont miss anything cos I can still eat everything as before just much smaller portions.I no longer drink tea just coffee.
I dont eat anywhere as much fruit,salad and veg or yoghurts as I used to.

Don't miss anything but can't tolerate lots of things. Never ever hungry which is the strangest thing.

Im still on the post op diet...just coming up to 2 weeks after surgery...and the only craving that keeps coming into my mind, and my taste buds is cheese and onion crisps....ironically I was never a big crisp eater before my operation?

Thanks to everyone who has answered so far. It's really interesting. Does anyone have any problems with really spicy foods ? As I love these and I would be gutted if I could no longer eat them.

Raynebubble said:
i miss...now this is gonna sound stupid.....haribo jelly babies lol. although i have found a shop which does sugar free sweets... so may have to see if they have some jellies..if they have then i will get a small bag and hopefully that will put end to that craving lol. apart from that...im not really craving much or miss much.... i seem to be ok with most things i eat... they have been all below the 5g rule though so who knows. i can eat bread, pasta, eggs, and a tiny bit of cous cous... not had rice yet so we will see x

Omg I miss them too, well any chewy sweet really. Cannot find anywhere that does sugar free sweets :( x x

Paula Lewis said:
Had to ask this, as it just popped into my head. It's a question for all the post op members. Are there any foods that you crave or really miss eating now that your post op ?

Also are there foods that you used to be able to eat, but can't eat now ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

I can eat most things accept rice, eggs & anything sugary which is s nightmare when I'm craving sugar eg TOTM x x

I can eat anything I ate pre op so far anyway, av yet to find anything that hasnt agreed with me, and I love spicy curries even more so since op. The only difference now is I dont crave chocolate or sweets so much Ive still ate them at times but its very rare now my youngest son still has loads of chocolate eggs n I havent even been tempted to touch them which is wierd but good x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Yes its strange how you change afterwards your op, i like fish but struggle to digest it but still have alittle bit can eat most things and i do still crave sweet things not as much but it is still there so i do what some one said above if i really want some i just have the smalles amount possible, I sometimes hsare stuff with my hubby, he is putting weight on now, I am the lightes in our house hehe, never been like that ever. xx P****** them all off i think. TOUGH xxxx

I struggle with rice and sometimes eggs but other than that I eat everything apart from high sugar food. Anything in moderation is my rule.
For those craving jellies etc
Go on eBay type sugar free sweets you can get everything. The jelly teddies and cola bottles are lovely. Xx

I think I will miss just being able to eat something. Without having to put so much thought into it. But at the same time, that's why I got to this stage, so it will be a good thing! I also miss being able to eat dairy (read: cheese) without having to make sure it is lactose free.

Your local chemist will do some and places like the super markets usually do them but you have to be careful cos alot of them have sorbitol in as does prune juice think it anatural source of sugar which can give you increased flatulence and diaorrhea. Most supermarkets do Mentos sweets and chewing gum check it out you can get sugar free marsh mallows in pound shop and Home Bargains. They are all over you don't have to pay a fortune for them. Get looking girls you'll be surprised.

I've been told no gum :( As it adds air to your pouch and causes ouchies :(

Paula Lewis said:
Thanks to everyone who has answered so far. It's really interesting. Does anyone have any problems with really spicy foods ? As I love these and I would be gutted if I could no longer eat them.

I'm ok with spicy,but if it's really spicy,I find it can hurt a little..could just be me though.

Yvessa said:
I've been told no gum :( As it adds air to your pouch and causes ouchies :(

I swallowed a piece of gum by accident,I'm not a gum person never have been.
But due to dry mouth and nasty breath I had some.
When I swallowed I panicked like hell.

I would too - think I will avoid it! have found the dentyl mouthwashes rewally good

At nearly 4 years post op, there is nothing I can't eat. I find bread very filling, so rarely have sandwiches, but I have things like cheese or poached egg on toast, or bread & butter to dunk in my soup. I'm fine with spicy foods too, I don't generally eat very spicy foods but did when I was due with Charlie! I craved spices in the first month post op, well all stronger flavours really, as you have to chew more so want more flavour in your food.

The only thing I miss occasionally is a massive cooked breakfast. I can eat a small cooked breakfast no problem, but sometimes if we're out and hubby has a huge one I think oooooh I'd love to have a proper go at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back