• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

for the 'Banders'

Nicoli12

I know everyone is different, but let me know how well you have done with your weight loss and in what time.

Thanks
Nicky

with my 1st band i lost 7st 7llbs in 18 months.

Hi there,

I am still a work in progress.

I think it's bad to compare, we all started at different weights, we all loose weight at different rates.

The average weight loss for a bander is 30-50 percent of EXCESSS (not total) in first year. Some do better, some do less. But what matters is the loss, not the amount.

So far for me its 6 and a half stone, from 24 stone in 18 months.

I had my op in Summer 2008 and I'm just over half way down. I would dearly love to be at goal now and perhaps some think I should be, but my surgery team tell me I am on track if not doing better than they expected. I am resigned to the fact that it will be a reasonably slow process as I started with over 200lbs to shift. (big in bander terms)
However, it's not a race and if we learn to eat well and naturally (eg get rid of the bad food habits that got us on the surgery route in the first place) it won't be coming back. That's what I try and focus on as looking at the whole picture can be a bit daunting.
If you fully embrace the change in lifestyle for the better, follow the band guidelines and keep improving your exercise efforts etc, then it will be successful for you (bar anything going wrong with it , which is rare but can happen)
It can be a bit disheartening to compare or try and match others weight losses. It will come off at a pace that is right for you if you follow the advice you are given by your provider. xxxx

Thanks for all your comments, as I said I know you should not compare but I just want to know the weight will come off. I have, for the past 30 odd years tried to shift the weight, a bit comes off then on and off and I just want to dream that maybe this time next year I could be (hopefully) 4 stone lighter or more. I understand it is a new way of life and I cannot wait, I just need re-assuring as I have been down this road many a times. Hopefully the weight will start from my belly first!!!
Nicky

That is fantastic weight losses. I am now on day 2 of the milk diet and I am so excited and cannot wait for my op. I have to be a successful as you ladies. Thanks for letting me know

Nicky:)

Hi, i'm just coming up to 6 months post op and i'm 2lb's off a 4 stone loss, it has started to slow down a lot now, but i'm hoping to lose another 2 stone by the end of this year :)

Katie x

Back