• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats The Average Weight Loss For Bypass & Band

Snowcrystal

Hi Everyone

I know that you are all at different stages post op.

But what would you say the average weekly/monthly weight loss amounts too.:confused:

Looking at some of your stats its looking like 10lbs per month (for the first 3 - 6 months).:confused:

xXx

Mine was 1 stone a month for the first 7 months then about 10lbs a month.

Hi there,

Everyone is different but to date I've lost 5st 9lbs. I had my gastric bypass on 9th Jan this year, so done that in approx 4 months.

I have just gone through a fortnight of losing nothing at all and I've been assured thats the way it goes sometimes along this path.

I'm no expert, but from coming on here and chatting with others plus some of the research I did before the op, the bypassers do tend to have a more rapid loss initially but thats because the procedure is more drastic.

I have averaged about a stone a month but it is starting to slow up now. I think it is common for bypassers to lose 10-14lbs per month up to six months with a bit of a drop after that.

HTH,
Nic

I have lost since the op 54lbs, that is in 6 and a half months....so technically that is an average of 8lbs a month.

Well done to you all on them fab weightloss results!!
I am due to have my Op in 17days and am going to Greece in early September how much do you think I could possibly lose by then?

Back