• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For those facing their first Christmas after surgery

SAM55

12 months ago I was 3 months post op and really upset that I could not eat many of the traditional foods I associated with Christmas. I did fall off the wagon a couple of times with chocolate and Baileys as they had big emotional connections.

I was very concerned that if I did eat something I shouldn't I would go back to my old ways of eating. Since then I have learnt that there will be blips but that I can get myself back on track. I reached my original goal and got my new knee 2 months ago.

I have learned not to be hard on myself when I slip as this just adds fuel to comfort eating need.

For those of you worrying about how you will cope over Christmas, I would say, relax, eat only small portions and enjoy!

12 months ago I was 3 months post op and really upset that I could not eat many of the traditional foods I associated with Christmas. I did fall off the wagon a couple of times with chocolate and Baileys as they had big emotional connections.

I was very concerned that if I did eat something I shouldn't I would go back to my old ways of eating. Since then I have learnt that there will be blips but that I can get myself back on track. I reached my original goal and got my new knee 2 months ago.

I have learned not to be hard on myself when I slip as this just adds fuel to comfort eating need.

For those of you worrying about how you will cope over Christmas, I would say, relax, eat only small portions and enjoy!
Thanks Sam. I am 3 months post bypass and very nervous about this first very different Christmas experience xx

Back