• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval

Fat Again

Hi Guys

Im 4 weeks post op and was prescribed Forceval. The instructions I got was to snip of the end of the capsule and squeeze the contents in strong tasting food and swallow.

I've done this a couple of times and it's disgusting and makes me feel sick, just the thought of it makes me heave.

Trouble is I've stopped taking them, do you think I can now swallow them like a proper tablet yet ?????

Im on sloppy food at the moment and slowly moving up a step day by day.

Cheers xx

I went on to forceval at 4 weeks - and I was only just supposed to be going on to pureed food. Try one and see how it goes, they are a gel capsule so are bypass pouch friendly. If you feel like it is stuck then leave it for a couple of days and try again x x

I was on them from day 3, never had a problem with them getting stuck etc.

Yeah - get em down ya!!
I was on em after 2/3wk.
Altho, when i saw the size of em, didn't know which end they were surposed to go in... :D

i had them two days after my op and have never had a problem, suprised they've told you to cut the ends off and take em like that, poor you!

sorry to ask this how many of you had a catherter fitted for op,plus was it done while you was awake or asleep ? thank you chris195

Hey Fat Again,

Just to let you knowI was also terrified incase the tablet got stuck but it really doesnt I started taking minewhole after 4 weeks and had no problems at all so you will be ok I know they look like horse tranquilizers but they will be ok.

Nat

No pee pipe for me.... they want u to be up and walking more or less straight away...

sorry to ask this how many of you had a catherter fitted for op,plus was it done while you was awake or asleep ? thank you chris195

I had a catherta fitted, when I came round it was in there, it did not hurt at all and was quite handy, it was removed the following day and I never felt a thing, just had to cough and it came out with a slight tug !

I have found that Forceval goes down easier than some smaller pills for me. If you think about it, we swallow bigger pieces of food than that so it is literally all in the mind (once you are at a post op point of being able to swallow pills again).
Steph xx

Hi sorry to ask a daft question im currently on jelly multi vits... do you just ask your gp to prescribe forceval? my gps are brill but i feel they,ve not had loads of experience with wls.
thanks

your WLS surgeon will have sent a letter to your GP stating what you need to be taking. Or they will give it you to take to your GP :D So they will know what to prescribe. Mines hopeless when it comes to WLS, she was going to give me one tablet but after reading on here I asked her about a different one and she said that was fine and Ive been on that since surgery.

1 a day here.

I'm also on 1... :confused:

I'm also on 1 a day

I'm on one per day

Back