• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval

Cupcake12333

Hi everyone, so I was prescribed forceval capsules and I physically could not swallow them. I phoned up my GP and she transferred me to the soluble version. I'm now having problems with this as it tastes horrible and I can't drink it as it makes me sick... does anyone have any suggestions

Hi I didn't have forceval so I can't comment but I know other people have had this problem. I just took sanatogen a-z as we were recommended and I was taking that from about 3/4 days post op.

You haven't put in your details what op you have had/when you had it - that might help people reply correctly.

I spoke to my GP a lot about the vitamins, and she said that there really isn't much difference between the prescription-based vitamins and those you can buy over the counter. Some will be a bit stronger than their OTC counterparts, but you can simply take a higher dose to make up for that. The primary reason they even do vitamins on prescription is because it works out cheaper for the patient. So if you are on a life-long regiment, they do this for you to reduce the costs.

With that in mind, if you really can't stand the Forceval (and like Hannah says, you wouldn't be the first one), just try anther multivitamin instead. The OTC variants I was recommended were Sanatogen A-Z and Tesco Multivitamins.

Hi everyone, so I was prescribed forceval capsules and I physically could not swallow them. I phoned up my GP and she transferred me to the soluble version. I'm now having problems with this as it tastes horrible and I can't drink it as it makes me sick... does anyone have any suggestions
Hi @Cupcake12333 i couldn't have forceval because they contain iodine which I am allergic to, so I'm on a tiny little tablet called Ketovite 1 tablet 3 times a day, it's really easy to take because it's so small!

I had soluble forceval and I was sick everytime. They changed it to the capsule and at first I struggled to swallow it but now it's a lot easier.
I asked my consultant if I could take an off the counter vitamin instead of forceful but she said no.
I spoke to my GP a lot about the vitamins, and she said that there really isn't much difference between the prescription-based vitamins and those you can buy over the counter. Some will be a bit stronger than their OTC counterparts, but you can simply take a higher dose to make up for that. The primary reason they even do vitamins on prescription is because it works out cheaper for the patient. So if you are on a life-long regiment, they do this for you to reduce the costs.

With that in mind, if you really can't stand the Forceval (and like Hannah says, you wouldn't be the first one), just try anther multivitamin instead. The OTC variants I was recommended were Sanatogen A-Z and Tesco Multivitamins.

I had soluble forceval and I was sick everytime. They changed it to the capsule and at first I struggled to swallow it but now it's a lot easier.
I asked my consultant if I could take an off the counter vitamin instead of forceful but she said no.

All consultants have their own ideas of what is good and what isn't. At my hospital they openly recommend over the counter alternatives.

Back