• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval

deepblue

Have just had a phone call from my G.P to say that this has been discontinued I was put on this after my operation and told I would be on it for the rest of my life what will happen now is there other medication like it available ?

Thanks guys

I was on forceval straight after my op but when I went to my doctor for a top up he prescribed me something different but just as good - I am sure there will be a substitute somewhere - just ask :) xx

FORCEVAL makers do this from time to time, they stop producing it (which is mad cuz they are the best... )

i think in the last 5 yrs i have trouble at least once a yr getting it...!!! they just seem to have a break from manufacture...

i always keep a good stock of it incase of this

for a stop gap my surgeon said sanatogen gold...

HTH
x

Another prescription option is Ketovit if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Watch out cos the budgets for gps are really tight now and they are changing many meds to cheaper versions.My Calcichew which is over £23 a pkt of 100 has been changed to Adcal which is half the price!I asked the receptionist why and she said its the extra vitamin d in Adcal.So I checked them and both have identical ingredients,so go figure!

This is an email from Alliance Pharma plc and Alliance Pharmaceuticals Ltd who make them, it makes it very clear that they are not ceasing production so your doctor must have his wires crossed I guess x

Re Forceval Capsules - 102112 29/07/2011 09:30:30

Dear Karl

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding our product Forceval Capsules

I can confirm that Forceval Capsules are still available and we have no plans to discontinue the product. Forceval Capsules are a P (pharmacy) product and should be available from your pharmacy.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Keith McIntyre
Medical Information Associate

These are a huge seller for the company and they sell tons of them here and in China, why would they stop making such a great product?

Interesting. I've just come home from my op and have the Adcal not the Calicichew. I don't think I'll be precsribed a multivit but will have to buy my own. For now I have the drops.
I'm all for gp's making cost effective choices as long as the medical needs are met of course.

Miss Tickle you are on vits for life so your hospital will let your gp know what you will need ie Forceval and calcium.

Watch out cos the budgets for gps are really tight now and they are changing many meds to cheaper versions.My Calcichew which is over £23 a pkt of 100 has been changed to Adcal which is half the price!I asked the receptionist why and she said its the extra vitamin d in Adcal.So I checked them and both have identical ingredients,so go figure!

Ive been given Adcal-D3 too but in soluble form. I'm taking it twice a day but find the drink awful! Ive ready you can get it in a chewable form. What is yours Maz?

Mines calcichew. They have a slight lemon flavour and disappear into a mush really quickly, still on bassets chewable multiple vitamins off to drs next week will see what dr does then.

My Adcal 3+d is chewable Mandy fruit flavours,not tried them yet as I still have loads of the Calcichew.

When I've run out of Forceval tabs on prescription I've purchased mine over the counter. Obviously works out more expensive for example 28 tabs = £7.40 prescription or over the counter of 14 tabs for £4.99. I've never seen them on show in chemist though I always have to ask for them and they trot off into the back! :)

I was given this on my discharge and still taking it now, it is my enemy though, out of all my pills and potions, this is the little sucker that gets stuck in my gullet everytime, I can taste the plastic coating for hours Eurgh!

I was given this on my discharge and still taking it now, it is my enemy though, out of all my pills and potions, this is the little sucker that gets stuck in my gullet everytime, I can taste the plastic coating for hours Eurgh!

If you leave it out of the foil for a couple of hours the capsule softens making it easier to swallow ;)

£8 for 30 or £19 for 90 online.Pop them in a tupperware box and they are not so hard,never had a problem.Dont know if that affects them though.

i dont know if ur doc will prescribe these or not.. but they do come in half strength.... maybe u wud tolerate the smaller ones??
worth a try
x

Back