• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval and Vomiting

Tatiana

Sorry guys and gals, this isn't the nicest topic but I need to know if it's just me or if others have had this problem............

I started my pre-op liver shrinkage diet last week (December 1st) and, as requested by the dietician, started taking a multi vitamin and mineral supplement. I was advised through this site and elsewhere that Forceval was the best one and, as I don't pay for prescriptions, I got them from the doctors.

All was well until yesterday when I was sick about 1/2 hour after taking all my morning meds (there are about 8-9 different drugs including antibiotics at the moment) and all that came up was liquid, no part digested tablets or capsules which I would have expected so soon after taking everything. After being sick the once I was fine for the rest of the day.

Today I've had the same thing, about 20-30 minutes after taking meds I suddenly felt very sick and vomited the same as yesterday - just liquid - though today it had a definite aroma and taste of the iron from the Forceval. Again, I've been fine since I was sick and have managed my breakfast yoghurts and a cup of coffee.

Has anyone else found they've been sick after taking Forceval?

I don't want to stop them as there aren't that many multi vitamin and mineral supplements I can get on prescription (being on benefits at the moment means money is very tight). I think tomorrow I'm going to to wait until after I've eaten to take them and hope I don't vomit up the food/milk. I wouldn't be so worried but I was fine for the first 5 days I took them.

Thanks for any help,

Tatiana

It could well be the anti biotech if you are taking them on an empty stomach , I know I was on some for a chest infection last month & the one day I took them before brekkie I was retching all morning , yet the rest of the course I had with or after brekkie I was fine x

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the suggestion,

I can only take a limited number of antibiotics because of a chemo drug I take for my arthritis and most of the rest can cause liver toxicity from the chemo drug. I normally end up on this one as it's the most broad spectrum of the ones I can have. Haven't ever had a problem with it before and never used to eat breakfast (I know, my bad!)

Oh well, tomorrow I will try a different tactic!!

Tatiana

It may be the anti-biotic causing it, if you take a pro-biotic drink just before that can help alleviate the sickness. x

Thanks Marie,

My body is so stupid I get migraines from 'live' yoghurt due to the bacteria used to culture them, same problem with cheese and pro-biotic drinks. Am already struggling with the yoghurt part of the diet!

I'll see how I get on with the anti-b's today!

Tatiana

Hi Tatiana, That is a lot of tablets to be taking in one go :( Could you not space them out a bit & give your tummy a rest. I only took ordinary A -Z vitamins pre op as this is what was recommended due to the fact that we are not deficient before the op & even for some time afterwards. I went onto Forceval 6 weeks post op & have had no problems. Hope you sort it, sweetheart xxx :)

Thanks Denise,

I'm so used to taking lots in the morning. I might start taking a couple of the once a day ones in the evening.

Am getting there now, can't believe it's only 9 days away!

Tatiana

Thanks Denise,

I'm so used to taking lots in the morning. I might start taking a couple of the once a day ones in the evening.

Am getting there now, can't believe it's only 9 days away!

Tatiana

Good Luck for the 16th, honey ... soon be a post op'er, yay :):) xxx

I always take my Forceval later in the day say tea time.Never take it with calcium as one stops the other working,and always after food.

Big an Bouncy said:
I always take my Forceval later in the day say tea time.Never take it with calcium as one stops the other working,and always after food.

Thanks my dear,

Will start taking it in afternoon or evening when I eat!

Tatiana

Back