• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forgetting to eat - who'd have thought it lol!

Emma7799

I can't believe the difference. I am now 9 days post op and have had an easy time of it with little pain.
I just forget to eat! I suffered hunger in hospital for the first day smelling the food but since at home I have to make a special effort to eat (well drink at this stage)
I'm not sure if this will last, I'm hoping some long-termers will tell me it will, but I am enjoying not being ruled by food.
I'm twitching to start exercising but have been told to wait 4-6 weeks to heal, so going out for walks.
The liquid diet is getting boring as I have another week of it but at the moment I'm losing 1lb a day so will be sticking to it rather than move onto purée stage early. I'm looking forward to chewing 'proper' food and have a list of all the food I want to have in my first few weeks - I'm thinking beef stew, fish pie and prawns.

I had a day of feeling faint a couple of days ago so have been making a concerted effort to ensure I eat as I could very much not bother. I'm a day ahead of you and on purees (plans are all different aren't they) and today have put a minted lamb and sweet potato stew in the slow cooker. Going to blend some and stick the rest in the freezer ready for the soft food stage in a couple of weeks.

We've all forgotten to eat on occasion and sometimes you have to 'force' yourself but the results are fabulous! You must drink plenty of fluids.
A few weeks down the line you'll likely start to suffer from 'head' hunger but you'll get over that too.
It's a positive SLIM future ahead of you!

I had a day of feeling faint a couple of days ago so have been making a concerted effort to ensure I eat as I could very much not bother. I'm a day ahead of you and on purees (plans are all different aren't they) and today have put a minted lamb and sweet potato stew in the slow cooker. Going to blend some and stick the rest in the freezer ready for the soft food stage in a couple of weeks.

Yeah my surgeon told me 3 weeks on liquid :(
How much purée do you eat at a time ?
I bet the stew smells lovely.

We've all forgotten to eat on occasion and sometimes you have to 'force' yourself but the results are fabulous! You must drink plenty of fluids. A few weeks down the line you'll likely start to suffer from 'head' hunger but you'll get over that too. It's a positive SLIM future ahead of you!

Thank you
I'm ok with the fluids as I've always been a water drinker but have to get used to sipping not gulping.
I'm back at work in 2 weeks so my routine will be changing again but I will be on purées then.
I have no regrets now as I was 20.6 stone on the day of the op and 19.4 stone today - sooooo happy

At the moment I'm managing about 1/2 weetabix with milk, 1/4 carton soup, 2-3 tablespoons of puree consistency. I can drink liquids no problem and managed a full yoghurt earlier too. You can definitely feel a difference when it's puree to liquids.

Back