• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stage 2 - pureed food

luckyla

I'm having 1oz of meat, potatoes and vegetables pureed totaling approx 3oz twice a day as my main meals.
I'm a little worried that I'm finding this amount not quite enough? I felt today that I could have eaten a little more.
I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone else on stage 2 as to whether they've found this too? The dietician says I should aim for 3oz. I'm not sure if this feeling of wanting more is head hunger?
I'd love to know what others are managing to eat at this stage?

I had terrible trouble when I first came home after my op getting anything down in the way of fluids. I ended up being re admitted into hospital as I was so dehydrated. Now eating pureed food seems too easy! I can't win!!

It only seems to be taking me about 15 mins to eat the 3oz and not the 30 minutes they suggest. Is this wrong or am I simply just doing well?

hi lucky la
i found that when eating pureed for the first time after the liquid stage was a god send to get something a little more substance inside but it is still very wet food and u may feel u can eat more but don't be tempted at this early stage wait 30 to 45 Min's after you have eaten and have a drink i found this done the job for me, saying that i was never hungry at any stage after my opp and still 7.1/2 months post opp don't get any hunger pangs or thought,s that i wanna raid the fridge , also u will find wen u go on to solids u will fill up very easy and on very little solid food remember this a a learning curve and takes time to work out wot your new stomach will take and can take, just don't rush it at any stage and you will be fine , its all in the old head you have to sort it out and try getting the new head to work, you cant physically eat the way you use too and the mind takes time to readjust to that fact
all the best you will crack it lol

rambo said:
hi lucky la
i found that when eating pureed for the first time after the liquid stage was a god send to get something a little more substance inside but it is still very wet food and u may feel u can eat more but don't be tempted at this early stage wait 30 to 45 Min's after you have eaten and have a drink i found this done the job for me, saying that i was never hungry at any stage after my opp and still 7.1/2 months post opp don't get any hunger pangs or thought,s that i wanna raid the fridge , also u will find wen u go on to solids u will fill up very easy and on very little solid food remember this a a learning curve and takes time to work out wot your new stomach will take and can take, just don't rush it at any stage and you will be fine , its all in the old head you have to sort it out and try getting the new head to work, you cant physically eat the way you use too and the mind takes time to readjust to that fact
all the best you will crack it lol

Hi Rambo

Thanks for your reply :)
When I first had my op I didn't even want to smell food! Suddenly, it was like my appetite came back with vengeance! I did tell the surgeon this and he said that sometimes there can be a delay between the op being done, and the hunger pains going.

I'm trying to stick to my 3oz of food and I'm doing ok. What were you able to eat at this stage?

i pureed all good protein and fresh veg lean meat mostly chicken and good steak lol could only eat about 3,oz at a time and new i had had enough i have certainly saved a fortune on the food bills now i have 3 meals a day steer clear of snacking and drink at least 2 lites of fluids and alot more in the warmer weather i,m relay lucky i guess as i never feel hungry so i don't have a problem with wanting to eat more, or over eating, its getting ur head round the fact that you cant eat as you use to once you do that its plain sailing , well i have found that, but every body is different wot suit's me may well not suit any body else its just finding wot is best for you and making the right choices and eating healthy

Back