• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Freaking out

Suwiexx

Omg my freak out levels are at maximum now... I'm in on wed got the opp at st Mary's paddington and so far these past few weeks I started worrying about how I would get there (train) how will recover with the kids and having no family around ( I live in Medway all my family live in Cornwall and my mum Is ill I'm up here with my partner and 2 children) to how I'm going to get home neil has the kids so its sitting in traffic no where to park or able to come in to collect cos of the baby so I'm hoping to get the train home ( plan is all is fine I go home fri taxi to st pancreas then fast train to Gillingham neil has to pick my daughter up from school ) but tonight it's just dawns on me that something could go wrong I could even die and I have 2 young children omg I'm proper freaking out now oh and on the day I'm doing it on my own cos ther is now one else ... Neil says I'm always doom and gloom and all will be fine and very reassuring but I can't stop thinking about what could go wrong...

It's normal to worry but try and keep it under control. You'll be fine and it'll soon be over and you'll be looking forward to a new you x

Hi I know what you are going though got mine on the 6th. I'm not worried about pain not eating nothing just so concerned I might not make it through not because i am afriad of dying but because I have 3 children. I even made my self cry thinking about writing letters to them if the worst should happen. You just have to think that u are doing the right thing, if you didn't have it done where would u be in 5 years! I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to write letters to them, and I'm going in to the operation with positive thoughts that I will be going back home to my wonderful partner and children. I hope this helps, I am sure everyone on this forum had the same feelings as we are having and I'm sure in a couple of weeks you and I will be reassuring the ones who are freaking before there op. Xxxxxx :)

blob said it all .u will be fine .im goin through all these emotions and like blob ive decided no letters .i will be coming back.it is frightening but u have to trust ur decisions .u have done this as a last resort.they better make way for u on that losers bench .go for it hunny ;) xxx im sleeving 17 nov x

Thanks everyone I've rang the hosp aNd for warned them not to take any mucking about from be when I'm in full panic mode on the day xx

Hope all goes well foryou hun you will soon be on that losers bench xx

Good Lu k hune just keep thinking how you will look in 6-12omths time and all the things you will be able to do that you can't now take deep breath. You'll ne fine hune keep us posted wishing you a speedy recovery

Thanks everyone I'm surprising calm(ish) but the day is young i think I'm up 1st or by lunchtime the latest I've just been in the toilets staring at my self in the mirror thinking about my children and how I can't go on fair rids with them and what I'm like at the swimming pool and the park thanks for putting up with my pain in the arse-ness xxx

Good luck. You'll come through it. I was the same even wrote my will! 7 months later 8 1/2 stones lighter & life is fantastic. I can even run fast now LOL

You're going to be fine lovely. Just think of the new you and how much healthier and how much longer you're going to be around for your children. I'd never have seen any future grandchildren if I'd not had the op that's for sure.

Look forward to hearing how it all went later on/tomorrow. We're all budging up on the losers bench for you.

Kate xxx

I'm ok I'm at home now I had to get the tube and the train cos the hosp kept me waiting from 8am-7pm to be discharged and the baby was ill anyway it was ok u took it slow but I was pretty tired yesterday from it. I'm feeling more mobile and better each day. I ate soup and some protean shakes yesterday but it was a struggle to get it all In ( I only ate 1/2 the daily liquid recommended) I was just too full had a shower washed my hair and this morning I'm up with the baby ( had to change his bum on the kitchen table tho cis I can't get down in the floor) thanks for asking how are you getting on? X

Glad you are on the mend, you are a superstar for coping with trains kids etc with no family/help!! I'm good only a week to go now. Was it the band that you had? X

Hay I'm very very well thank you I've had no problems I can eat anything, meat, fruit veg, I j my found anything a can't eat but my tastes have changed I don't like bread or chocolate anymore I slowly went off it and then the thought of it made my stomach turn so now I don't eat it I haven't been sick once since my surgery I'm eating child's portions. I've lost about 5st I'm weighing myself most weeks at boots but not strictly I'm doing about 2lb a week I feel absolutely fine. I do struggle to take my medication it's just remembering and filling prescriptions that's the pain I the arse lol but I look back at to much freaking out I did and think what a waste if time lol how you all getting on? Xx

Wow, 5st that is great :) Well done :)

Back