• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Freaking Out!

Jones_Jr

Just back from hospital after having my sleeve on Wednesday.
I thought I'd hop on the scales and see what I'd lost so far.
I'VE GAINED 9 POUNDS!
I know I'm swollen but other than that everything is okay- my period has been brown and a bit strange but I was told not to worry.

Has anybody heard similar stories?
I've barely eaten this past week and I can't understand the gain.
Any advice is warmly welcomed!
xXx:sigh:

Hi jones

Sorry I can't help, as haven't had the sleeve surgery yet but I have heard that before. When I had a band a few years ago that happened to me.

Sorry to hear you had a few complication xx

Thank you :)
I think it might just be the swelling and extra liquid retention after dehydration but we shall see!
X

Advise hunni .... put those dam scales away until your back to eating proper foods....LOL these gains and stalls are going to happen in the early days while you progress thru the different food stages ..........RELAX :) you've just been thru major surgery your swollen and pumped full of air.... just take this precious time to heal and concentrate on getting those fluids in,the weight will take care of its self right now.... the sales will even out and fall soon enough x x x x Well done on your op and congratulations on making the losers bench..... welcome to a fab friendly site too x x x x

Your body has just been through a major trauma both due to the surgery then due to the lack of food and will be playing all sorts of tricks on you, just continue doing what you have been and hide the scales for at least 2 weeks!!

Good luck xx

Brown stuff, haemolysed blood probably, not a worry . You may be retaining fluid, do not get on scales for a while ..
. :)

The scales are going in the cupboard :D
Thank you so much for the advice ladies!
I realised it wasn't a whole 9 pounds as I last measured after a shower and this time I had a heavy cardigan on etc :doh:

LOL next bit of advise :) set aside 1 day a week to weigh, same time every time wearing the same thing ...even better straight out of bed no clothes at all.... just watch out for the post man LOL but deffo keep away for a couple of weeks x x x x its a long haul now, stress over the scales is no fun..... follow the rules you've been given and trust it will come off :)

Lol yeah don't freak out. It is expected that you would gain some "weight" after surgery. I did too (5 pounds), which I believe it's due to all the fluids and CO2 the we're putting into my body.

FYI: I weighed myself at hospital, I was discharged the next day and I came home and weighed myself (naked). So I knew exactly what the effect was.

No worries Hun xx

Putting on weight is very normal fir major surgery of this kind so like above have said put the scales away and don't worry.

I'm having one of them what have I done moments too last tues 1 week post op I'd lost 11 pounds but then today I've put weight on? Do you think there's a problem? Really panicking that surgerys failed

No surgery hasn't failed your just holding on to water or something,it's early days and thus us how it goes. Put the scales away for a week and then step back on them again and you will be surprised. :)

Last edited:
No surgery hasn't failed your just holding on to water or something,it's early days and thus us how it goes. Put thevsclescawaybforvaxweek and then step back on them again and you will be surprised. :)

Thanks just having a little wobble! Xx

Had to just say...starting a period is totally normally after surgery,I was advised from hospital to bring pads..
Weight gain or no loss is normal too,give it a couple of weeks for your body to settle and get rid of everything that was pumped into you during surgery.
And thoughts of my bypass is going to fail me is a normal thought...I think we all do this.

Had to just say...starting a period is totally normally after surgery,I was advised from hospital to bring pads.. Weight gain or no loss is normal too,give it a couple of weeks for your body to settle and get rid of everything that was pumped into you during surgery. And thoughts of my bypass is going to fail me is a normal thought...I think we all do this.

That's funny I had my period within days of surgery and don't usually have them, I'll leave the scales for a bit and just carry on I know deep down it must be working just because of the limited amount of calories I'm having compared to pre op! Xx

That's funny I had my period within days of surgery and don't usually have them, I'll leave the scales for a bit and just carry on I know deep down it must be working just because of the limited amount of calories I'm having compared to pre op! Xx

Yes leave the scales alone....I don't use the scales still after 4 and half years,they are the devil.. ;-)
Just go off my clothes

Back