• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From Consultation to OP?????? How long?? PRIVATE

Hi all,

Well i am please to say that i got my letter from the GP....virtually no probs at all, much to my amazement! Prob 'cos i am paying though!!!! ;-( !!!!

Any idea everyone how long after my consultation (tomorrow) if all goes well to the actual op? Is it days, weeks, months????

It has taken sooooo long to save etc, i really dont want to hang around anymore!

Thanks again you fab lot!

hi who are you having the op with if you ring them they will probably give you some dates, i want to go with wlsgroup and am having consultation on the 4th of june i told them when i wanted the op hopefully 18th of july im sure it would be the same sort of thing xxh

i had my first appointment on the 9th of april and my op was on the 12th of may at leeds nuffield.

.x.

My op was 6 weeks after my consultation, could of had it as soon as a week after but I couldnt fit it in until 25th April (work, family etc). Was offered a variety of dates basically to suit me.

Good luck!

Maz x

Hi Scrunchie
As you are private the choice of date is yours. I went for consultation with Surgeon and was booked for Op 2 weeks later (my choice). I picked a Saturday and even was cheeky enough to ask if I could go down to theatre first he said yes so on Saturday I go in at 7am then down to theatre at 8.30am after paperwork etc.

good luck for tomorrow Scrunchie...I was pretty much the same as others, had my consult on 30th April and chose 25th May to have op, mainly because Son is off school that week and didn't want to have him distracted by my op whilst doing his exams (GCSE's)...could have had it done sooner if I'd wanted.

Baby Jayne...not long now...will be thinking of you...very best wishes for Saturday xx

Been for Consultation

Hi all....
Just thought i would let you know i have been to see Mr Leeder at Nuffield Derby and he was reallty nice but wont commit to anything until i have seen the nurse and dietition on Thursday!!! I took my GP letter too.... Is this the norm?:confused:
I am abit confussed though now!!!! I have been saving for this op for flippin ages and now i have seen the consultant he has made me doubt if it will actually work!

I have a really strong medical background which helps my case, my BMI is 35.8
We also discussed the Bypas, but he didn't recommend that one...but now i think about it if i am spending all this money, then i want something that WILL work???

HELP!!!!!!!!
xxxxx:(

Back