• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fruit flavours after banding.

Red 42

novice bypasser
has anyone else found that they can't tolerate fruit flavours after banding?

I find that diluting fruit squash in water be it orange or blackcurrant (I've tried both)really feels like its squeezing down, the same with watered down smoothie. I can't manage yoghurt yet and have just tried a really soft jar of baby puree (fruit flavour) and again get that squeezing feeling.

I've noticed that warm drinks go down much better, such as milky coffee, warm chocolate complan, cup a soup and just plain old water, also peppermint cordial is going down easily too....no squeezy feeling with any of those.

is this something that will settle down in the next few weeks...will be sorry if I can't have fruity flavours in the future :eek:

Yvonne xx

Not had a problem, do you think you may be drinking too quickly. Try sipping slowly and no gulping. Hard habbit to get out of!

Maz x

Hi Mazza

yes just tiny sips...I've been using a water bottle with the mouth piece on and taking such small amounts that it took all day yesterday to get 500mls down...that's the most I've managed since I was done :sigh:

it's still early days though :)

i agree with mazza sounds like your drinking the cold drinks to quickly as hot drinks tend to be sipped, trying slowing down as the feeling could be coming from it being put in quicker than it can pass through the band hole.

Hi Mazza

yes just tiny sips...I've been using a water bottle with the mouth piece on and taking such small amounts that it took all day yesterday to get 500mls down...that's the most I've managed since I was done :sigh:

it's still early days though :)

hmm it maybe just your tumm isnt tollerant of cold liquids for now while in the healing process.

thanks Liz

will have to try a warm squash and see how it feels, then I'll know if it's a speed thing :eek:

Yvonne x

I had my band put Op on the 23rd May and I am able to drink liquids as fast as I always have been able to, has the Surgeon put any liquid in your band at time of surgery? Mine has 3mls in and I can drink soup and eat yogurts easily too. Yesturday I had mash with gravy and oday Spagettii (tinned) and have been fine with that too.
It may be swelling from Surgery and a band fill that will be ok in time.
Good luck.

Hi Liz

yes he put 2mls in mine...we're meant to be 2 weeks liquids then onto sloppies, but they gave us yoghurt for breakfast in hospital so I tried it again at home....am looking forward to mash & gravy...mmmmm :D

Yvonne xx

Back