• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My surgery experience 4 days ago !!

thanks for sharing your story Grom. Sounds like a really positive experience and congrats on the weight loss so far, you must be over the moon.

Can I ask a stupid question, are you feeling hungry at all?

Not a stupid question at all - quite a logical one really!! And the answer is no - not at all. I was very well prepared by doing the milk diet for two weeks before my op - I really think that has helped me to do the lquid stage. I don't usually drink a lot of water but I'm trying really hard to get lots down me and so that keeps me feeling full.
We went to my brothers for tea yesterday ( he is the only family member who knows) and he made me some delicious butternut squash soup. A had a small bowl of thin soup while they had sausage and mash and gravy and can honestly say I was full after what I ate.
However as anyone with a weight problem knows - being hungry isn't the main cause of our over eating so I know that the 'emotional eating' side of things will be the more diffcult thing - but one day at a time eh!

hi grom you sound like a text book case as basil told me. i too didnt need the morphine and only had 1 night in hospital.

sam even now 7 weeks on i have only felt hungry once.

Thanks hopeless (I hate to call you that cos you are so not!!) - your weight loss is AM-AZ-ING !!!

GROM and others what amazing tales we all have. Lets hope this year will be everyones!

Well done Grom on your loss so far.

Brenda
X

well done Grom you tell your story brilliantly i dont feel as worried about it all as i did before, i know some have bad experiences so it is always nice to hear the good as well. good luck with your weightloss, looking forward to hearing your progress. Bridie x:553:

Hiya Grom! :wavey:
It is great to hear that your surgery all went OK...2009 is going to be a more slimmer, positive year for all of us :D
Xxx Lizzie xxX

well done Grom you tell your story brilliantly i dont feel as worried about it all as i did before, i know some have bad experiences so it is always nice to hear the good as well. good luck with your weightloss, looking forward to hearing your progress. Bridie x:553:

Hi Bridie
Thanks! It has been a great experience. One week ago today and I keep forgetting I have had anything done!!!
xx

congratulations on your surgery, im glad everythings went ok for you, heres to a great 2009 for you.

best wishes

liz xx

One week on

Hi Grom, can I ask wjether you feel as if you could do any excercise yet. I am soo pleased for you x

Hi Grom, can I ask wjether you feel as if you could do any excercise yet. I am soo pleased for you x

Hiya
depends what you mean by exercise really. I have been for short walks but haven't done any gym type exercise as I have been advised to wait about 6 weeks for that. I feel I could do my usual evening dog walk (about 20 mins) but haven't done so yet as he can sometimes be a bit strong and don't want to do any damage! I have been doing household chores such as tidying and washing (but not hoovering), and going down into the garden to feed the chickens. Have also done a couple of short trips to supermarket with hubby and have felt fine. I'm not going mad but on the other hand am not sitting with my feet up all the time either!
:bliss:

Hey Grom,

I'm booked in with Mr Ammori on 24th Jan but haven't had any of the blood tests yet or been sent any info about the op. Probably something to do with the xmas and new year etc.

How long before your op did you have ur blood tests and how long before the op did you have to pay?

Been so excited about the fact I have a date, I'd not thought about the important stuff, lol

Hey Grom,

I'm booked in with Mr Ammori on 24th Jan but haven't had any of the blood tests yet or been sent any info about the op. Probably something to do with the xmas and new year etc.

How long before your op did you have ur blood tests and how long before the op did you have to pay?

Been so excited about the fact I have a date, I'd not thought about the important stuff, lol

Hi Lisa
are you going with Surgicare?
Mine all happened very quickly so I had all my bloods done at the first consultation on 13th December as op was booked for 27th. I also got all the info that day about post op etc then separate stuff came in the post from the Alex. Payment was due 28days in advance so I paid more or less right away.
H

Great story.
I am in salford and am hoping for basil ammori too probably at salford royal.
I hope he gives me the same treatment xx

Yay...I've found you :D (been looking for the other thread to be updated d'oh! :rolleyes:)

So glad all went well - I did think of you on the 27th. Onwards and downwards now eh?? :D :D

One week ago today and I keep forgetting I have had anything done!!!
xx

When i went for my post op with Mr A i said to him i think all you have done is punctured my skin 5 times and meddled with my head. He laughed and said lots of patients say thay you may be right. lol

i cant believe a week has passed already for you.
carole

Mines with Surgicare in London... can't wait, why is it the days are passing slowly and all i want is this to get underway.

took some before pics last night will post them today

Back