• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fruit sugars

pooh71

I was told at the hospital not to have anything with more than 6g per 100g of sugar in it....does this also apply to fruit sugars do people know as I'm happily having banana which is 12g per 100g of fruit sugar...?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

You do need to be careful with it but honestly, I can't remember what my team said about solid fruit. I know you need to be extra vigilant with fruit juices, making sure they're diluted. And the same with smoothies but they're like devil post bypass lol.
I can't tolerate them almost 2 years on but can eat berries, oranges, grapes whole etc without a problem x

I was told by my dietician to avoid grapes, i think the best advice is to ask specifically what you can and shouldn't have :) Danni x

I spoke to the bariatric nurse and said in small quantities fruits are fine. I'm having two prunes in my breakfast now (for my bowels) which are really high fruit sugar and I'm fine with that. I also have a small banana a day split in two over the day. Grapes should be fine too but only a small handful she said. X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Ooh it's a minefield isn't it, I was MGB'd in Belgium, diet advice - avoid bananas as they are difficult to digest.
I had a half in nutribullet breakfast shake and was fine though

Back