• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Low Fat Foods, links etc

PyroMan

My problems has always been 1) eating too much in both portions and amount of snacks in a day and 2) eating too unhealthy, fats / sugars / carbs etc

So following on my first trip to GPs asking for a referral, i am starting the Orlistat this weekend (as first weekend i off work since seeing GP). Very nervous frankly on eating too much fat and having "an accident", all the horror stories.

Anyway, for someone thats one hell of a fussy eater, eats little fruit or veg i need some "safe" foods, tried searching for sites with safe lists etc but yet to find one.

So far i been shopping for:

Tuna (in brine)
Turkey breast
Carrots
Apples
New Potatoes
Wholemeal bread
Extra low fat philadelphia cheese
Porridge oats
Skimmed milk
Fruit Juice
Pears
Celery
Peas
Matzo crackers

I know it probably doesn't look fun or adventurous to most of you, but i am hoping its safely low enough in fat? Looking at crackers with philadelphia for work lunchbox, with raw carrots and apples. And tuna / potatoes for dinner. Bit worried on the porridge for breakfast? I thought porridge oats would be a healthy breakfast, but fat shows 7-8g per 100g, is that too much?

Also is sugar an issue with Orlistat? I know its calories and to keep it low as possible of course, but is a teaspoon of sugar on oats going to add cause any issues.

Sorry mr.nervous right now.. But excited to actually being making the biggest effort i probably ever have (sadly true)..

Appreciate any food lists etc, although like i say im fussy as ..... :confused:

I found this post on the thread below on our sister site MiniMins...

45g of fat daily is whats allowed max , 15g of fat or less per meal & everything under 5g of fat per 100g product .. i dont count calories so wouldnt know about that x
Read more information on the thread below...

Welcome To The Xenical Food Diary Thread!!!. (PLEASE READ)..

If you ask on the Orilstat (Xenical) forum on MiniMins you will get more information on Orilstat that you are looking for.

Orlistat (Xenical)

The diaries are also a good source of information as well...

Xenical Diaries

Back