• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Full of self doubt

Hi Victoria, just read about your problems. I am a band to sleeve revisioner. I did brilliantly with my band, losing 6.5 stone and going from a 30/32 down to a 14/16 and feeling fantastic. It took me 18 months to lose the weight and then I maintained for 3 years. Life was great. Then suddenly overnight my band tightened up and I could not keep anything down. I lost 1.5 stone in 6 weeks, my clothes were hanging off me but I felt dreadful. I had to have a total defill and having not eaten for so long, I went mad and gained 3 stone in 3 months. In the following 3 years I must have had 25 fills and defills but could not get my restriction right this time around and gained another 2 stone, taking me up to a 22/24. I had optimistically sold all my bigger clothes on ebay so I had to start my wardrobe again from scratch. Eventually I just said enough is enough and thanks to my wonderful husband (I am a full time mum) he agreed I could have a revision. I am 10 weeks post-op and have lost 31.5lbs. My clothes from when I maintained for 3 years are starting to fit me again and I had a little spend up in the Crimbo sales. If I could lose another stone I would be content and anything over and above that is a bonus. Good luck, I am sure you will be fine, having done well with the band in the beginning. xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for sharing your journey. This is truly inspirational. I'm finally starting to believe there is life after the band.

It sounds like a very similar experience to mine living with the band. At my worst time I used to wake up choking on my own saliva and projectile through the nose. Vomiting black bile from the empty gut was the highlight of my band slip days!!!! I can't wait to get this thing out.

Back