• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Interested in your journey

Meggie moo

Hi I'm interested in how people have found living with a gastric band? I've done a fair amount of research and am under no illusion that it is going to be hard. I have a consultation this Saturday at Dolan park to find out more and if I'm a suitable candidate. I have about 5.5 stone to lose done all manor of diets/hypnosis etc have rheumatoid arthritis/fibromyalgia and mild lupus a 3 year old daughter that I can't keep up with and a dream holiday booked for next year that I want/need to lose weight for :(. Would love to hear from you all on the good bad and ugly of a gastric band x

Hi I'm interested in how people have found living with a gastric band? I've done a fair amount of research and am under no illusion that it is going to be hard. I have a consultation this Saturday at Dolan park to find out more and if I'm a suitable candidate. I have about 5.5 stone to lose done all manor of diets/hypnosis etc have rheumatoid arthritis/fibromyalgia and mild lupus a 3 year old daughter that I can't keep up with and a dream holiday booked for next year that I want/need to lose weight for :(. Would love to hear from you all on the good bad and ugly of a gastric band x
i dont have a band meggie, but i just wanted to welcome you and wish you luck :) xxx

Hiya. I'm being banded on 3 August, so no experience yet. I have been fairly impressed by Dolan park - not a pushy sell and good informative consultation. Will update you this time next week!

Tracey1404 said:
Hiya. I'm being banded on 3 August, so no experience yet. I have been fairly impressed by Dolan park - not a pushy sell and good informative consultation. Will update you this time next week!

Tracey when did you go for your consult and who was it with?

Good luck for next week x

How are you getting on with the pre-op diet?

lynette shepherd said:
HI
i have just been sat gone to Dpark my opp for the band is 22 sept good luck Lynette

Hi lynette who did you see at Dolan park?

I bet your counting down the weeks :)

Hi I had a band and really had success with it and miss it so much became my best friend
My problem was it ate into my stomach wall after 2 years what is very rare and had it took out but lost 12 stone in 2.5 years
I am waiting for a bypass now
Good luck

I had a band on may 16th. I liken it to having a baby! You love it but it's hard work and there's no escaping it! Emotionally it's harder than I thought. It's a right roller coaster. I would do it all again though! The op at Dolan park I couldn't fault but the aftercare is lacking, but when you get it it's great!! I think they have overbooked ops and can't cope with the numbers after!!! For example if you need to speak to someone they call you back 48 hours after and I had to go to Manchester for a fill (2 hours away) or wait a month to go locally!!! Ive lost 2 stone but its mainly down to will power so far. Good luck with your journey x

Absolutely love hate relationship!! :) I love what it's done for me and the hate part is when the glutony in me kicks in and it stops me, but that's a deep seated love really as I'm grateful it's doing what it's paid to do!
hard work and brain training is the key! You'll still crave the rubbish so be prepared to say no and mean it!!! if you suss that you're onto a winner and won't regret a thing!! :)

Tracey when did you go for your consult and who was it with?

Good luck for next week x

How are you getting on with the pre-op diet?
Hi Meggie went for consult one month ago with Dr Surgudsson. Very factual no-nonsense consultation (I've worked in medicine for 20 yrs and was impressed). Not a toucfrelimoely consultation but very clear he knows his stuff and is certainly not there to convince you to have it done, just to assess suitability which is a good thing.

Pre op diet is okay. Didn't do the milk one as I do not like milk so much! Doing very low/no carb low calorie diet based n green veg, salad and fish/egg protein.

Hope your consult go well, keep us informed. Tracey xxx

dinkydink said:
I had a band on may 16th. I liken it to having a baby! You love it but it's hard work and there's no escaping it! Emotionally it's harder than I thought. It's a right roller coaster. I would do it all again though! The op at Dolan park I couldn't fault but the aftercare is lacking, but when you get it it's great!! I think they have overbooked ops and can't cope with the numbers after!!! For example if you need to speak to someone they call you back 48 hours after and I had to go to Manchester for a fill (2 hours away) or wait a month to go locally!!! Ive lost 2 stone but its mainly down to will power so far. Good luck with your journey x

Thats a great weight loss congrats x

Tracey1404 said:
Hi Meggie went for consult one month ago with Dr Surgudsson. Very factual no-nonsense consultation (I've worked in medicine for 20 yrs and was impressed). Not a toucfrelimoely consultation but very clear he knows his stuff and is certainly not there to convince you to have it done, just to assess suitability which is a good thing.

Pre op diet is okay. Didn't do the milk one as I do not like milk so much! Doing very low/no carb low calorie diet based n green veg, salad and fish/egg protein.

Hope your consult go well, keep us informed. Tracey xxx

That's who I have my consult with. Really impressed with the things I've read on here about him all seems very positive x

Hi There just lisa and the consulton lady for the surgeon both very nice and not pushy . mr halstead doing my opp . could have had it done 23/08/ but am flying 2 weeks after . so there advised . me to wait .i dont have to do the diet pre opp there told me good luck x

Back