• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding sorted, hospital chosen...exciting!!

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi all,
Well, my G.P phoned me this afternoon to tell me that he has sent off my referral to Birmingham so I'm getting excited now.
Hope its not too long before I get my first appointment...
The letter I had said they will talk to me about it then put me on a liquid diet to lose 5% of my weight and test my committment...wonder if they will give me a date to do it by or if I just let them know when its done. Is there a limit of time that you can be on the liquid diet for? Then it said if I have fulfilled their wishes I get referred to surgeon then should get a date within 18 weeks if all is well. I am so excited, apprehensive, scared!! LOL!!
Leanne xx

Thanks girls.:D
Emmaroo, did they give you a certain weight to get to then you have to phone them? So what happens between reaching that goal until you wait for surgery? I'd be scared I would put some weight back on.
Leanne x

Yeah they said just ring up when I've lost 2 stone and he'll see me for the op within a few weeks. I'm also scared about putting some on between then and the surgery but I think I'll just stay on a low fat diet (with the exeption of some pizza on the day i get down haha) until the surgery.

To be honest, I wish he'd have given me a date to do it by, that way I wouldn't have the gap inbetween. I'm not sure how long my liver will stay shrunk.

Looks like you won't be waiting too long then:D
Are you on the dreaded milk diet? How's it going?
Which hospital are you going to? x

Hopefully won't be waiting too long now :D

Yeah, I'm on day 3 of the dreaded milk diet. Lost 10lbs so far, but I think thats probably mostly water. I'm surprising myself with how well I'm doing but I've got such a strange craving for a slightly burned kebab shop pizza covered in black olives with spicey meat and stuff on it haha. I don't even like olives or kebab shop pizza.

I'm in Stoke, so not too far away from Birmingham. I think everywhere is different with the waiting times though. I'm about 4 months from referal. :)

Back