• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding approved.....

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Hi all,
I've had good news in that my funding for surgery has been approved and I have been given a choice of Birmingham or Luton hospitals. I have chosen Birmingham. Anyone have any idea of rough waiting times to get the first appointment? Not that I'm being impatient its just that my doc sent my funding requset on 28th august and when it got to october I thought I'd email the PCT and they hadn't even recieved the request!! My doc had sent it to wrong fax number...thank god I emailed. So it got sent again last thurs and I heard on wed this week that it had been approved. Hope another cock up like that doesn't happen with the actual referral to the hospital now. I'm so excited and can't think of anything else!!
Leanne x

Last edited:
Congratulations and well done Leanne! Delighted for you!

54311jm.gif

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini...I'm so so pleased and relieved. I didn't want to think about what I would do if funding was refused. :D
I'm so impatient though....gonna be hard to contain myself..hehe.
I think once I get a date for the first appointment I will be ok just to know I'm on my way to a happier, healthier life...xx

The power of positive thinking:)

Hopefully now you will not have too long to wait!

Love Mini xxx

Congrats thats fab news hope u wont have to wait to long, soz cant help you bout waiting times as i am in London xx

Really great news Leanne!!Look forward to your new life now,I know people say that surgery is not a quick fix;god knows we on here know that,but unless they have been overweight and ill or disabled with it they dont have a clue what we go through.Just dealing with mundane everyday stuff is so wearying and time consuming.If you are isolated or alone it must be even worse.Those of us who are lucky to have family and friends around us shouldnt take that for granted;imagine sitting in a flat all day with no one to talk to and share your fears,no physical hugs when we need it.Blessings come in all shapes and sizes......Maz x

great news. xx

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.
I rang my G.P this morning and gave the go ahead for him to refer me to Birmingham...my own G.P was off sick but the doc I spoke to emailed him and gave instructions so hope mine is back quickly to put it into action!
I think I will come across a few people who think I am taking the easy way out but I have been dieting since the age of 15, I'm now 38 and my health is starting to suffer and every day I am faced with embarrassing obstacles because of my weight. A child in my daughters assembly laughed at the 'fat lady' last week until my daughter piped up that it was her mum.:cry:
I know this is the way forward for me, I just want it all now!! Haha.
Like someone said, I am lucky to have family and good friends who love me regardless of my size but I just want to be normal and do normal things without having to second guess situations that may occur...
Thanks again for all your messages...
Leanne x

Back