• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT Funding - the saga continues

slimmerkay

For those of you who followed my previous post on me trying to track down the lady from the PCT I needed to speak to - An update of sorts.

I FINALLY managed to speak to her about 10 minutes ago. And she has no paperwork about me at all as yet :mad: So I will need to chase my GP tomorrow when she is back from leave.

I asked if she could let me know the usual time scale for a decision on funding and she said not at the moment she can't. She will ring me towards the end of the week when she has more information on my referral.

So it's back to limbo then :sigh:

aww Karen thats awful, hope it sorts itself out for you quickly, you must feel so frustrated and all over the place at the Minuit, big hugs xxx

Karen... just keep chasing and never ever... give up! You will get there eventually! xxx

Good luck with everything, it's just awfull that you are put into a position where you have to track things down yourself, just because you are not kept in the loop, and even more frustrating when it seems you put your life in these people's hands, expect them to be as passionate as you are about it, for them to go home and forget to "file" you propely, leaving you in no-mans land.

I had a problem a while back with a missing referral. I got a fax number for the place it was going, went to the surgery, gave it to them and asked them very nicely if they could send it now while I waited, as I wanted to check it was received ok as the other end had had problems (always blame the other people!), and once they had sent it rang the recipient to check they had it. Worked a treat!

Try and stay positive hun, you will get there in the end.....I had problems too but Im just waiting for my op date now :D x

Thanks folks :)

I'm going to ring the doctors first thing and ask for a phone consultation with the doctor. They are normally in the afternoon so by then the secretary should have checked with her that my application has been done.

It's just so annoying to know over two weeks has been wasted. I know two weeks isn't long but it is for NOTHING to have been done.

Thanks folks :)

I'm going to ring the doctors first thing and ask for a phone consultation with the doctor. They are normally in the afternoon so by then the secretary should have checked with her that my application has been done.

It's just so annoying to know over two weeks has been wasted. I know two weeks isn't long but it is for NOTHING to have been done.
Its two weeks added to what is already a long wait..
I hope you have some news tomorrow,or at least the pct will have your file.

please let us know how you get on.
Lisa x

I have a phone consultation booked for 2pm with the GP. I'm actually in a Weight Loss Management session this afternoon but I will come out to take this phone call.

I'm going to ask her why the funding application hasn't been sent as yet and just hope she doesn't say that she is not going to send it.

Please let us know how you get on .
I have news today.
I have funding yay!
The practice manager chased this up and rang me this morning.
I hope you get this sorted soon x x x

I have been told by the East Midlands commisioning group it should be 18 weeks.
But I know that most people that go to Luton and Dunstable hospital, that it will probably be 9 months to surgery if all the hoops I have to through are straight forward.
I guess its "how long is a piece of string"..lol
I have been asking my GP for this surgery for nearly 4 years.
I am just glad to finally get the ball rolling.
I hope you have some news today.
where are you hoping to go to for your surgery??

The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle. Mr Ammori is the consultant.

I'm dashing at the moment to get to Weight Management Class on time. My new Wii Fit Plus arrived today and I've been playing but it got my weight and BMI completely wrong.

It said I was 15st 6lb and BMI 36 point something. NO WAY. I'm 17st 7lb and BMI is probably about 41 point something. Very odd!

The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle. Mr Ammori is the consultant.

I'm dashing at the moment to get to Weight Management Class on time. My new Wii Fit Plus arrived today and I've been playing but it got my weight and BMI completely wrong.

It said I was 15st 6lb and BMI 36 point something. NO WAY. I'm 17st 7lb and BMI is probably about 41 point something. Very odd!
I have that problem when my wii board is on carpet/mat.
I have to pull the mat back and do it on wooden flooring.Slighty more accurate lol:sigh:
Any news yet???
xxxxx

Lisa - I had pulled the rug back. But then this floor is so uneven it's probably that.

So, the doctors surgery phoned me at 2pm - the time of my phone consultation. They phoned to say the doctor had been called away on a personal emergency and they don't know when she will next be in :sigh:

I just knew I wasn't going to get anywhere today.

If she is not back by Friday I am going to insist someone else deal with it.

What a shame :( hope you get to speak to her soon. By the sound of it, a different doctor might not be a bad thing!

Thanks Shell. She is the most sympathetic towards WLS but she seems to be having some personal crisis at the moment. There is one other doctor at the practice I would feel comfortable discussing WLS with though. I will ask for him Friday if she isn't back.

Back