• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding spire Southampton

Sarah4darren2913

Hello my name is Sarah bit nervous on how to start so here goes
I have had a phone call from the spire Southampton hospital to go to a appointment this Friday they said app will be 2/3 hours and will be seeing bariatric surgeon when I got the phone call I was so shocked I dint not even ask any questions so phoned the spire and asked if my nhs funding got. Approved she said it has so what should I expect at this app and will they tell me there and then bout surgery x:confused::confused

Hello my name is Sarah bit nervous on how to start so here goes I have had a phone call from the spire Southampton hospital to go to a appointment this Friday they said app will be 2/3 hours and will be seeing bariatric surgeon when I got the phone call I was so shocked I dint not even ask any questions so phoned the spire and asked if my nhs funding got. Approved she said it has so what should I expect at this app and will they tell me there and then bout surgery x:confused::confused

Hiya Sarah and welcome to a really friendly and supportive site :). Sounds to me like you hit the jackpot. I am not in your area but I do know they have some good surgeons down there.

Best of luck for Friday. :)

Everyone seems to have a different experience. For that long an appointment you'll be doing more than seeing a surgeon I would have thought. Possibly a dietician &/or nurse. You. May have some investigations too eg bloods, etc.

Thank u everyone I will post on how I get on am.
Also with surgery do u have to have injections that you do at home sorry for all the questions x

Thank u everyone I will post on how I get on am. Also with surgery do u have to have injections that you do at home sorry for all the questions x

Yes but it varies by provider how how many and cor how long. i got 7 , one a day.

Hello my name is Sarah bit nervous on how to start so here goes I have had a phone call from the spire Southampton hospital to go to a appointment this Friday they said app will be 2/3 hours and will be seeing bariatric surgeon when I got the phone call I was so shocked I dint not even ask any questions so phoned the spire and asked if my nhs funding got. Approved she said it has so what should I expect at this app and will they tell me there and then bout surgery x:confused::confused

Hi Sarah! I had mine done at spite Southampton! This appointment you will meet Rhoda dietician the surgeon the anesthetist and nurse to have bloods ecg etc they will give you a date this day! Are you sure it's not on the Thursday as it normally is???? Who are you seeing Mr jelly or Mr van den bossche? I would check your date as this appointment is always Thursday's! I had my o on 12th Finn had bypass lost 5st 6lbs! I have a friend who is having her bypass there week Thursday! Any questions shout me!

Hi Sarah! I had mine done at spite Southampton! This appointment you will meet Rhoda dietician the surgeon the anesthetist and nurse to have bloods ecg etc they will give you a date this day! Are you sure it's not on the Thursday as it normally is???? Who are you seeing Mr jelly or Mr van den bossche? I would check your date as this appointment is always Thursday's! I had my o on 12th Finn had bypass lost 5st 6lbs! I have a friend who is having her bypass there week Thursday! Any questions shout me!

Meant Mr Kelly lol not jelly

Lynnepoth how long roughly did you have to wait for surgery as I go on holiday June 27 for 2 weeks so how long until I have the liver shrinkage diets Also did you have 2 app on the same day and what should I expect feeling really nervous x

Lynnepoth how long roughly did you have to wait for surgery as I go on holiday June 27 for 2 weeks so how long until I have the liver shrinkage diets Also did you have 2 app on the same day and what should I expect feeling really nervous x

Yes I had all appointments on one day! They asked me how soon so will work round your holiday! Lrd is for two weeks before surgery!y surgery was 3 weeks after appointment! Are you going tomox? Do you know who you are seeing?

Nope it Friday what did you have to do at your app also did you get any thing to take home like info

Saw dietician surgeon nurse and anesthetist! Had bloods weight ecg etc done! Yes they send you away with info surgery you are having recovery diet etc ! I was in for two nights off work two weeks!

Back