• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gained Weight......

Sarhys

I woke up this morning and weighed and I have put on 2lbs. I can't believe it.

I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing and have been steadily losing weight. I knew there was a possibility of a stall but never did I imagine that I may actually put weight on.

I'm gutted and I just can't understand how it happened :cry:!

Don't worry, about a month after my bypass I stalled on a weight for 2 weeks then put 3lb on the next! Couldn't understand it either. The week after it came off but I felt like I'd lost a complete month of losses as I still weighed the same at the end of that month. I was told it happens to a lot of people and if you are following your meal plan it will drop back off and the scales will start moving again. Best of luck and don't beat yourself up x

Don't worry, about a month after my bypass I stalled on a weight for 2 weeks then put 3lb on the next! Couldn't understand it either. The week after it came off but I felt like I'd lost a complete month of losses as I still weighed the same at the end of that month. I was told it happens to a lot of people and if you are following your meal plan it will drop back off and the scales will start moving again. Best of luck and don't beat yourself up x

Thanks Leda,

You have reassured me - I thought it was just me and that I was doing something wrong......my calories are anywhere between 400 - 500 a day so from a logical point of view I should be losing a lot - which I have been up until today :(. I was so shocked and upset this morning.

I am starting on the pureed stage today and I know I'm not getting enough fluids or protein so I'm hoping that could explain it.

Sar :) x

You are doing fine. Remember with a very low calorie, body goes into starvation mode and does hold onto every calorie. Once you start eating more, the weight loss will continue. In those weeks you thought you did not loose any weight, you will find suddenly that your jeans are actually looser... it is all strange and amazing. Enjoy

like the others have already said, stalling is normal its a pain when you know you are doing all the right things and the scales don't reflect that, but at the same time your clothes are getting baggy!
keep doing what your doing and the weight lose will kick back in

Thanks Guys,

I was just so shocked yesterday morning when I weighed. I have decided to stop weighing every other day and to weigh once or twice a week from now on.

I'm glad it's not only me that this happens to.

Thanks again,
Sar :) x

I found this today also but think the constipation might be part of the problem. Also I can't exercise as normal so soon post-op. Guess we need to be patient

Back