• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you get weighed at your endoscopy

slimbydecember

Hi guys

I am due to have my endoscopy tomorrow and then should be put on the waiting list just after.

I came back from a week away on holiday Saturday just gone and I have gained 2lbs and as I understand I am meant to be trying to lose weight or keep it the same. 2lbs is really good for me as normally when I come back from holiday i've gained more like 9lbs!

Do I get weighed when I go for my endoscopy as I feel this could stall my journey to getting the band quite dramatically if I do!! :cry:

I have had x10 endoscopy's and never been weighed at 1 so hopefully NOT..............good luck tomorrow!

Ah i am really scared of the endoscopy does everyone have to have them. Had a bad experience with one once

I didn't get weighed when I had mine, good luck tomorrow.

They really aren't the nicest of procedures but I found having the sedation and throat spray makes it bearable, the sedation kicks in long enough to knock you out briefly whilst the tube goes down and the throat spray numbs the throat and helps to stop the gag relflex kicking in.......................................

I didn't get weighed at my endoscopy last month. It was a different part of the hospital and not related to the people I see from the bariatric team.
But remember you won't be having any fluids or food from the night before the procedure so you'll probably find that 2lbs has gone anyway.

no I didn't get weighed either.

Back