• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie needing advice

misspiggy82

Hi all

I'm new to this forum but not new to my band. Just a little bit about me. I was banded in Belgium in 2008 and initially lost 30kg. I sat comfy at 4.25ml in a 7ml band for about a year until I took some antibiotics that gave me a bad stomach reaction and I ended up having my band emptied.

I was using a mirena coil at the time I had my band and since it was emptied iv had a copper iud. I had my band refilled but stuggled every month with tightness and pain at that time of the month. Does anyone else experience this? It was so severe that my band was over tight for one week a month and no restriction for other 3. I sat for a couple of years loosing hardly anything before a bad tummy on holiday led to a hospital admission and my band being emptied. The nhs dr said my band was too high in the first place and said it needs removed. He said it hasn't slipped but was poorly placed from day one, yet I had no problems until the first swelling due to antibiotics??

Anyhow to cut a long story short iv had my band empty for nearly 3 years now. I'm gaining fast and my emotional well being is suffering. I know my over tightness is linked to hormones so I'm considering depo provera to possibly combat this? Any ideas? I didn't have the tightness issues when using the mirena coil however this gave me acne. Also wondered if dr Fred lee is still doing X-ray fills in Sheffield. Iv had a google but can't find number. He's the best iv had so far at hitting my sweet spot and many have tried!!

Sorry for the long post. I feel very new to this as iv been as good as unbanded for 3 years. I need to give my band one last shot before I admit defeat and have it removed. Iv only just paid the bugger off!!! :(

Hi Hun sorry to hear your suffering. I can't really answer any of your questions but hope you find some answers. I used to get really tight at the time of my month too x x

Back