• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GASTRIC BAND 30/7/12

tony69

hi all. new to this, after years off being over weight, ive had the gastric band op at dolan parl the hospital group..with dr p super..
i was 23 stone up to a couple weeks ago. now weighing 22.4 stone on return from hospital..31/7/12 today..
im new to all this , so any help or advice bout how to use this site. or tips regarding the healing process..and the road ahead would be appreciated.. many thanks tony

hi all. new to this, after years off being over weight, ive had the gastric band op at dolan parl the hospital group..with dr p super..
i was 23 stone up to a couple weeks ago. now weighing 22.4 stone on return from hospital..31/7/12 today..
im new to all this , so any help or advice bout how to use this site. or tips regarding the healing process..and the road ahead would be appreciated.. many thanks tony
Hi Tony, welcome to the site :) feel free to browse the banders section, you will find so much info there. Congratulations on your op and good luck :) xxx

Good luck with the band Tony I go this sat to Dolan park for my consult - very nervous but excited too :)

Wishing you a quick recovery for your new journey x

Hi Tony, How are you and how are you getting on? I am booked for my op on the 1st Sept. Would love to know how its going.

jane x

How exciting! For now take it easy and listen to you body, in the short term as you're recovering don't worry about intake just have what's needed/wanted, plenty of time to monitor intake in a couple of weeks once back to normal!!!

hi, you will be made very welcome at dolan park, a very efficient warm place. after my consultation, i knew it was the right thing. and got a cancellation. had the op monday 30 july. ive had no discomfort, hardly any pain. quite active after a couple off days, and losing weight already, fabulous

Hi Tony, How are you and how are you getting on? I am booked for my op on the 1st Sept. Would love to know how its going.

jane x
hi jane.. its going brilliant. its wed afternoon 1/8/12. had op on monday morn at dolan park with dr super..its amazing. not had alot off discomfort or pain, and can take liquids easily but slowly without problem..i feel very well, not really hungry, as i had 1.5mls placed in my band...but overall, even only after 2 days i feel the benefits, and weights coming off. .over 9 days before op, i just eaten healthly, without counting. and 2 days after op. ive lost approx 10lb, i cant believe.. its the best thing ive dun

Congratulations Tony :) Welcome to the banders weight loss bench!

How exciting! For now take it easy and listen to you body, in the short term as you're recovering don't worry about intake just have what's needed/wanted, plenty of time to monitor intake in a couple of weeks once back to normal!!!
many thanks..jo..i am taking it easy and managing to get down what i can quite easily, but not goin mad. .

Good luck with the band Tony I go this sat to Dolan park for my consult - very nervous but excited too :)

Wishing you a quick recovery for your new journey x
i feel very good surprising its only 2 days after surgery. hardly any discomfort at all. dolan parks a very nice place, warm.. friendly..i had my consultation in preston end off june. made the decision to operate. on the 15july. was operated on, on the 30th, didnt have long to prepare, but glad got a cancelation. otherwise would have been waiting to near end off august.. no looking back now. everything to gain

whoo that great how long as it took if you dont mind me asking ? am having a band 22 sept am 13 stone should be 8 stone lol
hi lynette..like i said i was 23st , 6ft2, but stocky built..i only managed to do about 9 days healthy eating before surgery, as i got a cancellation.but i couldnt cope with the 1000 caleries a day. .so it was all a rush from making the decision and geting banded on monday the 30/7/12. . its all gone very well.feel great. not alot off pain.. but my pre diet i eaten normally but healthier..and they still operated on me.and now 2 days after op. ive lost just short of a stone, so must be doin something ok. . im taking liquid meals finely, with no probs

Hi and welcome tony. Mr super did my op at Dolan park a year ago ... No looking back!!! Concentrate on gently recovering for the moment and start planning your plan of attack for the future :D

Back