• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band 7 September

ldcjoseph

Hello i am having my band fitted on 7 Sept at Dolan Park i am soooo nervous.

I look at all the previous post and marvel at the weight lost and positive stories my current weight is 16 stone friends and family have not been very supportive as they think that i should be able to lose weight without surgery as in their eyes i am not that big.

In my eyes i am big and have been so unhappy with my size for years i have saved money to pay for this opp, i am doing this because i want to and i can may sound selfish but this is all about me and doing something for me.

You have taken the right steps... you are doing this op for yourself and not for others... Go for it... All the best with your op... its ok to be nervous x

Good luck with your surgery and welcome to the forum :)

My BMI wasn't all that high, but I made the decision to have a band for a number of reasons. I eat huge portions, I always feel guilty about eating, I can lose weight 3 or 4 stone at a time but it doesn't stay off and I've finally come to the conclusion that I respect myself enough to put all that crap behind me and move on with life in a positive way.

So good for you for getting this far. It's ok to feel nervous, just come and talk to us.

I'm the same as RaeB. I eat too fast and large portions, and I'm sick of yo-yo dieting. I'm just over 15st so I'm not 'that' big. I need to be healthy weight for the long term though, and I'm also concerned I may need knee surgery if I don't lose weight.

All the very best! I'm being banded at Dolan Park next month too.

hope all goes with your surgerys!

I have a consultation on Friday at dolan park, so excited yet nervous. just hope they let me have a band im freaking out that they wont (don't know why). just have no idea what to expect and hope the waiting list aint too long.

anyway good luck everyone :) xx:)

Congratulation in making a Decision to change your habitats for ever..
I had a bmi of 29 in the day of surgery and have lost 1 stone in the last 6 weeks, already putting me as only overweight by about 10lb..

But like u I ain't way to much and lived in fear I getting bigger and bigger.. Previous had a bmi of 33..

It was the best thing I have ever done.. Good luck xx

i am doing this because i want to and i can may sound selfish but this is all about me and doing something for me.

In my opinion this is what it should be about. It's about feeling happy in yourself and accepting yourself and possibly without the steps you are taking, it may never happen.

Losing weight isnt easy and from what I have read on these forums it's not an easy option having a life changing op either and all the restrictions which come with it. But it's a helping hand and some of us need that.

I had my op at Dolan Park and the team are great. Everything was straight forward for me and I felt safe in the operating theatre. So all the best and be proud of yourself for taking such a big step.

Thank you

Thank you for all your replies. Banded on saturday at dolan park every one there were very nice had my surgery at 4 pm awake back in my room by 6 pm out of hospital 7 am sunday morning back home in london in my own bed by 11 am.

Monday morning woke up slight heartburn type pain not too bad the glue used over the wounds very itchey but ok feeling good.:)

Glad it all went really well! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and optimum weight loss.

Posts like yours make me feel much better about my surgery in two week's time (eek).

Welcome to being banded! glad to hear your surgery went well -

Welcome to the banders club. Hope your recovery goes smoothly, keep coming back and talking to us. The support here will really help.

Back