• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with pre op diet

sjacko83

Hi guys I'm new to this due to have my gastric sleeve on 20/12/14 at the Alexandra hospital Manchester uk I'm really struggling getting my head round pre op diet. Can anyone help? Did you use slim fast or a different protein shake? The chicken broth iv seen from Americans doesn't look like the in we have in the uk is this chicken stock or oxo? Also any additional tips would be great thanks in advance

Depends on which pre-op diet you are doing, mine was milk yog jelly and oxo, best is to contact your team they will have exact information as the pre op diets seem to vary so much :)

I went with the slimfast 5 a day with one stock cube. I used the knor lamb stock as they had the best flavour.

It was not bad, but I had to do mine for 4 weeks. After 3 weeks I was craving something's to chew. If I only had to do it for 2 weeks it would have been a doddle.

Good luck in whatever choice you make.

Aww that's great 5 a day mine only says 3 a day and nothing else it's really confusing as everyone have different pre op diets my surgeon said one week the clinic said two ?

I went on the death diet for a week, milk diet for a fortnight, back on the death diet for a week followed by a two day hunger strike. Hard at the time but the post op benefits are huge.
Best of luck with it.

Back