• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band info please

tinkywinky

SOOO HAPPY to be a loser!
Hi everyone.

I have been looking into a gastric band and have decided on WLSgroup. Have got assessment app next month and am really excited. Been soo heavy for soo long I want my chance to shine and feel good. Just wanted to ask what problems any of you have had. Has anyone needed to be banded more than once and if so why? Would really appreciate any information. This site is great!!!:D

:party0011:Welcome Tinky Winky I to am pre-op but wanted to say HI!!
Good luck on your WLS journey, you will get lots of help and support here it's a really friendly site.

:)

I am so glad you have decided to go with WLSG say hello to Colleen and Wendy from me :) both Mazza and I were banded with them recently and they have been so so good. They have a support group on the 23rd of May at Harley Street. where are you looking at having surgery?

Liz is your lady to talk to about having been banded more than once and she will be the first to agree that its very rare.....what other questions do you have?

Hi everyone.

I have been looking into a gastric band and have decided on WLSgroup. Have got assessment app next month and am really excited. Been soo heavy for soo long I want my chance to shine and feel good. Just wanted to ask what problems any of you have had. Has anyone needed to be banded more than once and if so why? Would really appreciate any information. This site is great!!!:D

hi tink sorry i didnt pick up on this thread earlier but ive been out with my son as he was doing an audition 4 a play.

firstly i must say needing rebanded is a rare thing, it can happen and does do to some patients, but if you ask most banders on here they are fine maybe 3% of the banders here have had extreme difficulties for what ever reason and needed a de band op.

im part of that 3%, unlucky yes but its happened to me.

please dont go into looking at banding as a negitive thing.

my band just broke down after 3.5 years, it was nothing i did wrong, i see it this way if we all bought the same brand washing machine with no guarantee 3% of them will of packed up broke down in that time where the majority would still be using there appliance quite happily, i drew the short straw and got a one that broke after a certain time.

im nhs so im lucky so i didnt have to pay for the de and rebanding op. which im very greatful for as if id of been a private patient i simply could not of afforded another op.

i was de and rebanded during the same op after 3.5 years and my new band is working fine and i have a good level of restriction, i drew the short straw but i just see it as part of my wls journey.

i have been banded twice but i must state i have NO regrets at all and its changed my life completley not just physically but emotionally to.

liz xx

were you in hospital for one night? what was involved in your pre op diet? I have a daughter who is severely autistic and needs lots care and I am wondering how long I might need help with her for. what meds do you get and what are they for. Also what about driving? Ive been told because of my bmi i will go to princess grace hosp.

were you in hospital for one night? what was involved in your pre op diet? I have a daughter who is severely autistic and needs lots care and I am wondering how long I might need help with her for. what meds do you get and what are they for. Also what about driving? Ive been told because of my bmi i will go to princess grace hosp.

both my band ops i was in 3 nights but all surgeons r diff.

i was told to lose a set target weight the 1st time, and wasnt put on a pre op diet the 2nd time.

im on the same regular meds i was on b4 banding, just extra pain relief for recovery.

driving depends where your cuts and port is positioned, theres alot of different opinions on the driving issue and go with what your surgeon advises.

liz x

thanks.

your welcome x

Back