• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band scar

7984beva

Hi all, I had my band in late December. My scar looks well however I wondered if it will ever completely disappear? Can anyone tell me post op (maybe a year) what theirs looks like?
Thanks x

I'm nearly four years out and mine look the same as they did once they had healed. It really depends on your skin type etc, I scar badly because I heal quickly - small price to pay though x

I'm approaching 7 months out, 3 of my scars I cannot see at all, 2 of them (one of them being the port hole scar)has faded dramatically, mine are not raised or red either. If you catch yourself on an iron and you get that quick "burn" on the skin, that is what mine kinda look like but they are very pale in colour already. But, I don't mark easily, I can't remember the last time ever having had a bruise . . .

Last edited:
I can only find mine if I look very hard now and i am around 20 months out. i do scar easily normally though ... i can still see staple mrks on my ankle where i broke my leg. The band scars were fine and silvery to begin with...and they are less in length than originally, as I am half my size LOL maybe I am just lucky, but as Mazza says the scars are a small price to pay :)

I had my surgery last July and I have 5 ugly raised red/purple keloid scars that will never look any better. I am convinced it was because I was giving internal stitches other than the old fashioned way of stitches on the outside. Nothing I can do about it now and it was the only part of my body that did not have scars ironically.... But hey everyone is different, you might be one of the lucky ones :)

Back