• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is this normal?

Katie_25

Hi all, just wanted to ask fellow banders if they experience days where the band feels particularly tight or heavy for no particular reason? I'm not sure if it's my body having an 'off' day or something, but I woke up today feeling quite tight with what I can only describe as a 'heavy', 'lumpy' kind of feeling in the area where I presume my band is and at the base of my oesophagus.
I haven't over eaten, been sick or had any particular problems in the last few days. I've only had the one fill since my op, which was just before Christmas, so I don't think it's anything to do with that. Does anyone else ever get this feeling/ sensation?

Also, can anyone 'feel' their band? I've found since losing a bit of weight that if I press on my stomach, below my breast bone (where my current heavy/lumpy feeling is), I can feel a lump, and I wondered if this might be my band? It's not my port as this is a little lower down underneath my scar.

Katie X

Hi all, just wanted to ask fellow banders if they experience days where the band feels particularly tight or heavy for no particular reason?
It can feel tighter in the mornings or sometimes around the time of month. Some people's bands feel tighter when stressed or upset.

I'm not sure if it's my body having an 'off' day or something, but I woke up today feeling quite tight with what I can only describe as a 'heavy', 'lumpy' kind of feeling in the area where I presume my band is and at the base of my oesophagus.
There might be a little bit of food stuck and it should pass.
I haven't over eaten, been sick or had any particular problems in the last few days. I've only had the one fill since my op, which was just before Christmas, so I don't think it's anything to do with that. Does anyone else ever get this feeling/ sensation?

Also, can anyone 'feel' their band? I've found since losing a bit of weight that if I press on my stomach, below my breast bone (where my current heavy/lumpy feeling is), I can feel a lump, and I wondered if this might be my band? It's not my port as this is a little lower down underneath my scar.

Katie X

The band is deep inside you so you won't be feeling that, the port is a distinct hard lump, I call it my walnut. The other lump you might be feeling is scar tissue or a possibly small hernia, ask your provider on your next fill. As we loose more weight the hidden lumps and bumps begins to show.;):)

Hi guys, thanks for the response. After I posted I was wondering if it is in-fact my port that I could feel? When I went for my first fill it seemed to be under my scar, but then I thought that having lost some weight the scar and my skin may have dropped lower down whilst the port is still in the same place and that might be what i'm actually feeling? I've got an appointment with the surgeon on 28th Jan anyway, so I can ask then.
The sensation isn't so tight today, I was particularly tired yesterday and feeling a little stressed, so maybe that was it?

Thanks

Katie X

sounds like you have answered your own worries Katie so well done with that also well done with your weight loss your doing really well and beating me as I had my op 3 days before you and have only lost 33lb ha say only but happy!! Weigh in tomorrow so may be catching you up ha. Keep up the good work matey x

Thanks Janey, think I may have been worrying over nothing, but i'll check it out with the consultant during my appointment next week, just in-case.
Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow, i'm sure you'll catch up, lol. I stuck for 3 weeks, then lost 5lb's last week, so don't think i'll be dropping that much again this week! X

3lb so not bad although we are never happy lol mind you this means the skin wont be saggy hopefully!! Good luck xx

3lb is great, well done! My weigh in is on Sunday, so i'm trying desperately not to jump on the scales before then. You're right though, slow and steady wins the race, lol! I need to start thinking about an excercise routine now to tone up, want to try and keep everything in it's right place as much as possible, just need to motivate myself a bit more.

X

I cant do normal exercise I have bad knees but I have started toning beds and they are so easy but work all the muscles its fab plus feels like a lie down so all good!! Good luck for Sunday I will keep an eye open on how you do.

Thanks, i'll let you know how I get on. I've never tried toning tables, but my friend suggested them the other day, so might look into that. I'm going to start going swimming next week; I figured that the water will support me so be less strenuous and it'll help to tone. Plus they do a ladies only swim at my local pool. Would something like swimming offer you support with your knee's?

X

swimming is fantastic however, I am allergic to chlorine so I cant even swim :-( all exercise was a vicious circle for me so toning beds will save me I am sure. Have a look alot of places give a free trial and you really cant see how it is working as your doing nothing but I know they work!!!

Yeah i'm going to look into the toning tables, i'm sure one of the ladies that I work with does them, so i'll ask her about it.
I've lost 2lb's this week, which i'm pleased with, because I had such a big loss last week I wasn't sure if i'd lose anything this week to be honest. :)

X

well done Katie!!!! its a loss so we have to be happy with that. Dont forget to measure yourself as I have lost inches something silly like 27inches in total which is a nice shock when you find it out although i love going down a dress size more!!! Keep up the good work and I am sure we will be slim and happy very soon ;-)

HOw you doing now matey?? I am only on 43lb and lost nothing this week but time of the month so whereas I used to always put on I am staying the same so all good. Had band fill but feel I can eat more now so asked for another one asap but got to pay each time now so hope I dont need too many as £250!!! Hope your ok and still doing well. Jayne

Back