• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band surgery

deedee68

hi, i am having my band op in 2 weeks time (7th July 09) and as well as feeling excited im also worried that i have spent all this money and its not gonna work. We have saved hard and i will be gutted if it fails. i have tried everything else including Lighter Life (lost 6st, gained 7! after) so apart from bypass this is last resort. I know i am probably being silly but I am so desperate for this to work, I think im in need of some reasurance and tips to make it go more smoothy. Any help would be appreciated xx thanks Dee:wave_cry:

Dee Everyone has doubts on the run up to their op, this will pass, and the thought of failure is what will help you through the months to come. I very much doubt you will regret this desicion, it may have been hard saving the money but it will allow you to become fitter, and more healthy as the months pass.

Good Luck on the 7th, where are you having it done and with who?

thanx for getting back to me hun, im going to Belgium for my surgery because i live in germany (hubby in forces) so I dont have a PCT to apply on the NHS for me. My surgeon is Dr De Bruynne, who has done a lot of these ops and has also been on tv i believe. Deep down i know its gonna work but because i have tried everything else i think its only natural that there are doubts. xx

Hi hun, wanted to wish you well for your upcomming surgery. You absolutely can make the band work for you, just look at 2bandsLiz, Cazbandy, Soontobethinsue, Serenity just to name a few successful banders. They all have worked very hard and have seen brilliant results. You will too, just make sure that you are dealing with the whatever head isssues you might have because that is the tough part.

Best of luck & take care!
Nic:D

Hi DeeDee and welcome to Minis :)

I'm a fairly new bander myself and still learning lots (mainly from folks on here) and know that if I've got any questions, there's always an experienced bander along fairly soon to answer them.

very good luck for your op on 7th July...keep us posted on how you're doing.

HiYa Dee,
Just wanted to welcome you to minis and wish you the best of luck!
It will work for you we all have the feelings you are feeling now, so don't worry, Your gonna do just fine!

Just wanted to say good luck for the 7th. I had mine done on the 2nd and it went really well. I had the same feelings as you before the op but I believe you, me and others will be fine as long as we work with the band.

Just stay positive and things will fall into place.

Wishing you great success hun with your surgery and we are here for you when you get back to give you support so that you can make the best of you wls journey.

Nic:D

Thanx ladies for your support. well i got back from brussels on thurs 9th july and all went well altho cant beleive the pain, was more intense than i expected. im still a bit confused at to what exactly i should be eating. i know its clear soups and stuff but any other advice would be welcome xxx

hi dee welcome to he losing side, have you checked out the recipe section for ideas on food?

Hi Dee Dee ,
Hope you are feeling a bit stronger and in less discomfort now.
Did you get your food ideas and suggestions off the site found a lot for when ihave my op on the 3rd September 2009

Let us know how its going
Newby but ready for action
Mia

Back