• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hungry fed up and confused!

joylouise

OHHH what to dooooo! Im so hungry and im wondering if the guy actually did the op! I have been ok up to yesterday and now i feel hungry most of the time, im ok for about an hour after my soup but thats it? I rang the dietician and she says this is 'normal' and that cos the swelling has gone down the fluid will go through faster.

I just feel like i could sit down to a proper meal and obviously i wont but i cant imagine how a few spons of 'normal food' will fill me in a couple of weeks? Iam beginning to panic that my 'pouch' is too big??

Am i being silly and is this normal or not cos i am desperate for this to work!

OHHH what to dooooo! Im so hungry and im wondering if the guy actually did the op! I have been ok up to yesterday and now i feel hungry most of the time, im ok for about an hour after my soup but thats it? I rang the dietician and she says this is 'normal' and that cos the swelling has gone down the fluid will go through faster.

I just feel like i could sit down to a proper meal and obviously i wont but i cant imagine how a few spons of 'normal food' will fill me in a couple of weeks? Iam beginning to panic that my 'pouch' is too big??

Am i being silly and is this normal or not cos i am desperate for this to work!

You sound just like me after I'd had my bypass (3 weeks ago). I'm sure as you foods become more solid you will feel the restriction as I certainly have.

Nope deffo real hunger, tummy rumbling hunger! Fed up now, i would kill for some normal food in fact if i never see a soup again ill not care!

I really hope that i do feel the restriction, J mo what week are you on now and roughly what can you eat and be full?

Joylouise, have you tried having something like yoghurt? I found that this made me feel fuller for longer.

Rebirthxxx

Nope deffo real hunger, tummy rumbling hunger! Fed up now, i would kill for some normal food in fact if i never see a soup again ill not care!

I really hope that i do feel the restriction, J mo what week are you on now and roughly what can you eat and be full?

I'm on week 3 tomorrow. I had my op on 2nd Oct. If I have anything of a thicker consistency, even my protein powder milk drink, I feel it.

I scraped the inside of a small baked potato out a few days ago, mixed it with tiny bit of tuna & low fat cheese as I was so, so hungry & sick of puree. Obviously I made sure it was all well mashed. I couldn't manage half of it.

I was the same as you. Don't worry when you get onto food with a bit more substance you will feel the restriction...

Me too i was hungry at the same stage as you, try milky drinks, yougharts and custard, part of it is a psycological craving for "solid" food i could have killed at some points just to chew some food instead of food sliding down. Don't be frightened to eat little and often and at this stage everything counts as fluid so every bit helps x

Back