• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band

Nkpjkb56

Hi I am new to this have started my pr op diet today I am having my surgery on the 2nd of November with the hospital group at dolan park would like any advice

I never had band I had bypass but the best bit if advice I can give at the minute is stick to the pre op diet religiously.
Good luck with your op x

welcome :)

I'm a bander 13 months post op, although didn't go with THG, what sort of things are you wanting your advice on :)

Hi and welcome. I was banded at Dolan park in 2011 ... Happy to answer any specific questions you may have ... :)

Hi I am new to this have started my pr op diet today I am having my surgery on the 2nd of November with the hospital group at dolan park would like any advice

Last Thursday I had my band at The Dolan..its been really fine anything you want to know I will try to help you xx:)

Yep, I was banded two weeks ago at Dolan Park, it all went really well. Anything you want to know about the early stages, I'll try and help :)

I have read that you full of wind and it gives you a lot of pain how did you combat this and what are the best things to eat after surgery

You will have guidelines from your provider, but for the first two weeks you'll be on a liquid only diet. Soup (without bits), milk, slimfast, thin yogurt etc.
I was lucky that I didn't suffer much with wind, but peppermint tea works well, as well as moving around as much as possible. I bought wind-eze as they are tablets you suck, but I didn't need them.

I have read that you full of wind and it gives you a lot of pain how did you combat this and what are the best things to eat after surgery

Not everyone does, I didn't suffer at all. But if you do; peppermint tea, circling your arms, walking around, Wind-eze all help, I'm told.

THG will give you instructions on what to eat, but as said - liquid for two weeks, then mushy food for two weeks.

My first two weeks are up tomorrow, and I'll be getting a call from a dietician in the morning to talk me through the next stage.

Not everyone suffers from wind pain post surgery, post op you will be on liquids only so clear soup, juices, water, milk, thin shakes.

Wind pain you can
- walk around
- take something like Deflatine of windeze
- peppermint tea or cordial
- wave arms gently in windmill motion

Some people use gripe water, I facial, heat pads to help too

I had Mr Super at Dolan Park a month ago. Was really please with them they were all lovely and I was very nervous and shaking like a leaf as I got on the table. They were fab, the dietician called and gave me some great advice. I had my first fill on Tuesday again there were really good.
I suffered with wind but not everyone does and used windeze and a hot water bottle. It only lasts a few days just rest up and take care of yourself.
The following week I felt great and no problems since.
Good luck

i was banded monday, not at dolan park but at a spire hospital. The pre op diet they gave me was 2 weeks low cal, low carb plan. When we went for our appt the nurse said we may as well stat the plan straight away as we were having our surgery within 4 weeks. I lost 1stone 4lbs and my husband lost 2stone 1lb. Our surgeon said how happy he was that we had lost so much weight pre op, and i feel its been a good thing in terms of changing the way i think about food. x x

Back