• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

carlyryan1988

i had my gastric band done at the dolan park hospital mr halstead done my surgery on 2nd oct 2012 im now really struggling with my food i find it extremly painfull wen food gets stuck i no its all about getting to no your band and how it works but just lately ive been really struggling i have 8.25ml of fluid in my band ive never been able to eat bread since surgery so i do subsitute this with crackers as there easier but again even them are getting stuck this is really worrying me as wen im sick its like thick mucus first does anyone else having the same problems if so could you please dropme a line as to wat i can do please .x:mad::mad:

Oh Hun sounds the same as me a little, I could live on crackers and crispbread but as I'm getting closer to my goal weight I'm struggerling loads with my familiar foods. Also it changes from day to day, also when Im On my period!! I find over chewing crackers helps as sometimes I get lazy with that..xx

Had my band done in sept 2012 and still finding it hard on a daily basis it's a very lonely journey ..xx

What does your dietician say? Could you be over tight or maybe eating too much/too quickly?

Crackers are easier than bread for me to eat, but again my tightness varies as Carre said, due to time of the day / totm / how tired/stressed I am.

Pick up the phone to your dietician ... It's not worth having pain over x

Back