• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band

x.Nicky.x

Hi all,

Where do I start, I have soooo many questions - I hope you would take the time to answer as many as you can, as I am anxious about my op (but excited)..

Soo its booked, gastric band with healthier weight, doctor hamouda on the 18th of July!!!

Question,

1) has anyone had an op with dr hamouda, what was your experience?

2) I smoke, how long before op do I ideally need to give up? Basically, ilI return from a holiday on the 4th of July and was wondering if 2 weeks was enough?

3) I am scared about the op and being put to sleep? Scared that something will go wrong ...has anyone else been like this and how did u deal with the worry?

4) I work in an office, how long do you think I need off work, after op?

5) is it really painful after op?

Btw I am 26 years old - (20stone1lbs)

6) anyone around my weight, how long do you reakon it will take to lose 5 stone +?

Look forward to hearing from you lovely people!!

Thanks

Nicky xx

Last edited:
My review - Thought I would write a review as I have now had my surgery...

Consultation - very informative, really did explain risks etc and noway did he forse or pressure me into it - was actually the reverse...he wanted me to take my time and make sure it was the best thing for me.

I did committ and had surgery on 18/07/17 at BMI somerfield hospital, maidstone.

On the day - he came to see me, made me feel at ease, went through concent form in detail etc.

Had surgery, no complications what so ever (so far, touch wood lol) and my scars are amazing - so neat and tiny.

I would highly recommend my surgeon to anyone - plus he is very easy on the eye lol..

Xxxx

Last edited:
Hi Nicky

Hope you are doing well, and feeling loads better :)

I don't think we are allowed to personally recommend any particular surgeon or hospital, due to advertising restrictions
We can say, for instance my surgeon was fab, but maybe a moderator like @Mazza can advise the rules?

Also personally I wouldn't put my info anywhere, especially my email, I had some right nutcases which have made me extremely wary of sharing anything on any site, I had to delete loads of stuff as I was just too trusting (not here btw)
But especially due to my job, I am very careful now

Take your email off, use the conversation button and ask the moderators for help, they are far more internet and site savvy, and will always help us out x x x

Thanks for the advise hun, I have removed my email address now :) x

I am just doing a review for my surgeon as a patient, it would be interesting to see what Mazza says :)

Yes doing very well thank you xx :bunnydance:

The hardest thing for me I think is not telling people, especially my friends and family :(
But they would judge me, I know 100% they would say you weren't that big, but you did so well at SW, WW, the gym etc

I did lose it, by starving, purging, constant gymming, and I would re gain it every single time :( and a bit more

I wasn't massively overweight, but I was so unhappy
My life was a constant lose, gain, lose, binge, gain cycle :(
I lost and gained the same 5 / 6 stone over and over, it was exhausting

This way, I have gained control of my life, my band stops my binging, purging, starving, everything in moderation is my mantra now

My biggest regret is not having my surgery a few years ago

But I literally have a new life, I've had 2 promotions that I would never have tried for before, my clothes are so trendy (and small :D )

We are fortunate that we can go on a lot of holidays with my husbands job, I don't worry now about the seat belt, wearing a bikini, my life is awesome
I am very lucky, thanks to my lovely surgeon Mr Super, and my fantastic band :)

Yes I totally get it - it is misrable losing it and then putting it on so quick. I am also fed up of starving to lose weight..the amount of meal replacement shake diets i have been on is a joke!!!

Thats amazing, its obviously given you the confidence to go for the new positions which also must have been so rewarding for both u and ur husband.

I am so pleased it has been such a good experience for you and glad to here it from another bander :) ...some people r very negative about the band but i think it coz they are not working with it - instead trying to find ways to cheat it.

I am so excited for the next few months, i too would love to progress at work and I hope it will also give me the confidence!!

Xx

@Nickynooo sorry but we can't do that I'm afraid. It would be very dodgy ground for us to be seen to be recommending one surgeon over another, worse still writing a poor review and being subject to a lawsuit over it.

Thanks for tagging me in the post though and thanks to @Oopseydaisy too, she was right to warn you over posting your email address on the open forum as anything posted in here can come up in google searches.

Here's a thread with info about this:

https://www.wlsurgery.com/threads/important-notice-personal-information.108453/

I'll edit the thread accordingly but @Oopseydaisy probably remembers the issues we've had in the past of members encouraging other members to use a particular company/surgeon for their own financial gain.

Providers can and do read the forum so they will see the good and bad comments and who wrote them.

I'm glad everything went well and you're pleased with your surgeon. People can see who you had in the details under your avatar though too :D

Back