• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie, unsure about Gastric band v Gastric Wrap??

jogirl003

Hi All,

After saving for a long time I have now have the pennies to book my op :woohoo:; Getting really nervous already!

I have been reading all the posts on here and all the litrature but I am swaying back and forward between having a gastric band with Dr Chris de Bruyne or a Gastric wrap with Cosmetic Bliss? :confused:

I believe the Gastric wrap is a new procedure, so not much info about.

If anyone is post op with the Gastric Wrap i would appreciate it if you could let me know how things went/ how your doing?

Many Thanks

Jo

sammy447

Hi Jo

Well I can actually comment on both as I has a band 4 years ago with Chris and am now having a wrap done with Cosmetic Bliss.

From my personal experience i would go with the wrap. If it was avaiable when I first went for weight loss surgery I would of went for that. I initially went for the band as it seemed the least invasive and the best option for me at the time. Dr Chris is lovely, and couldnt fault the hospital either. Unfortunately with the band there is obviously fill/unfills that you need to take into consideration and its hard to find the right spot of restriction for you plus you need to take into account the cost of these adjustments too. I had a band for a year and lost 7stone, but I had to have it removed as my body started to reject it as a foreign body so I had to pay to go back to Dr Chris to have it removed again.

I have put all my weight back on again plus more (this was all 4 years ago that I got it removed) and now Ive decided the wrap is the way forward. I initially thought of the sleeve but again the wrap doesnt involve in cutting anything out of the body and im only hearing good things about it, i know a few people who have had it done now. Cosmetic Bliss are brilliant and with you the whole way. Roll on 2 weeks till I get my wrap done.

Whatever your decision it is down to personal choice, there are pros and cons with every procedure. If you need any more advice or would like me to refer you to cosmetic bliss please just shout.

Take Care Samantha x

Neen

WLS Moderator
Heya Jo ! Welcome aboard hun x
I don't know many people who have had the wrap yet although I think a couple new folks like yourself are interested/going for it.
We do however have a lot of banders and a few have your surgeon too x
I wish you all the best! Take the opportunity to read , read and read some more as there is lots of info here and new friends waiting to be made! x

jogirl003

Hi Sammy/Neen, Thanks for your replies.

Sammy, I was reading one of your posts earlier and was hoping to speak to you. Thanks for all the info; i think you have confirmed what i was thinking anyway. I have only heard good things about the Gastric wrap. (Weight Loss/complications etc)

Wishing you the best of luck for your Op, (very excited for you) you will have to keep us up to date with your progress.

Kind Regards
Jo

sammy447

Hey Jo, yeh no probs. As i say its all down to personal choice and a lot of research, but I confirm both companies/surgeons are good. Anything else you want to know or keep in touch etc, feel free to send me an email at [email protected].

Good luck Sam x

Mummyto4

Hi Jo

I had a wrap 2 weeks ago and so far have lost just under 2 stone and the only complication (If you can call it that) was being constantly sick for 3 days. I am more than happy with my surgery. Good luck

Kirsty

sammy447

Hi Jo

I had a wrap 2 weeks ago and so far have lost just under 2 stone and the only complication (If you can call it that) was being constantly sick for 3 days. I am more than happy with my surgery. Good luck

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty, How are you feeling now?? Was the sickness really bad - ive heard it is?? Cant wait to get mine over and done with, did you go abroad?

Sam x