• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Banding and Sharon Osbourne.

i think your right someone i was in hospital withwas having a second bypass due to having stretched her pouch it happens with both ops i dont look at having something i shouldnt as cheating i think this is life changing and part of that is learning to have a little of something rather than alot to me cheating s having something you shouldnt the band is helping me learn to eat normally and healthly

you just got it right ,i think its so hard people are looked down on for eating things they shouldnt :confused: but what should you and shouldnt you eat?. its all about moderation if you continue to look at things as bad foods and cheeting. then you will allways feel guilty:eek:. so changing that habbit to i can have it if i like but do i really want it !. and if yes dont eat the whole bloody cake a slice is fine lol

shame i never listend to this to start with :confused:

Youre so right, cheating isn't a word I use anymore!
I am a bander and was banded on 28th October 2008 so 8 weeks post op. I'm not on a diet so i can't cheat! I have had this tool added to my body as a weight loss aid. The way I eat now is a way of life for the rest of my life, not a diet. This choice was made by me and for me as a way of keeping excess fat off once I had lost it. I have cravings for foods now like I did when I wasn't banded, you'll never get past that its part and parcel of life, if your body is used to certain things, it will crave them much like tobacco and alcohol, but if you have something to eat tht will fill you up and youre not hungry anymore, you dont want to eat, simple as that! If I'm not hungry and Im full, I can't eat things just out of pure greed as I know my tummy is full and if I eat anything else I will be extremely uncomfortable or sick!

Youre so right, cheating isn't a word I use anymore!
I am a bander and was banded on 28th October 2008 so 8 weeks post op. I'm not on a diet so i can't cheat! I have had this tool added to my body as a weight loss aid. The way I eat now is a way of life for the rest of my life, not a diet. This choice was made by me and for me as a way of keeping excess fat off once I had lost it. I have cravings for foods now like I did when I wasn't banded, you'll never get past that its part and parcel of life, if your body is used to certain things, it will crave them much like tobacco and alcohol, but if you have something to eat tht will fill you up and youre not hungry anymore, you dont want to eat, simple as that! If I'm not hungry and Im full, I can't eat things just out of pure greed as I know my tummy is full and if I eat anything else I will be extremely uncomfortable or sick!

This is exactly how Im looking at my banding. I do let myself have the occasional treat (in moderation). Trgards R x

I love Sharon Osbourne. I have read both her books and her second one goes into more detail about this. The band she has fitted now is actually her second band. She had the first one removed cos she could just eat crap all day long and lose weight and never learnt anything. The band started to cut into her stomach and got all infected and painful. She had to have it fully slackened off and go weeks of not eating a great deal till her stomach was not as swollen and could have it removed.

I love Sharon Osbourne. I have read both her books and her second one goes into more detail about this. The band she has fitted now is actually her second band. She had the first one removed cos she could just eat crap all day long and lose weight and never learnt anything. The band started to cut into her stomach and got all infected and painful. She had to have it fully slackened off and go weeks of not eating a great deal till her stomach was not as swollen and could have it removed.

This is very interesting to know thanx x

what ever weight loss surgery we have chosen isnt a magic cure, it takes a lot of hard work and determination, theres always a way around it, but it depends on how much being slim or slimmer comes before the food addiction we all have, and how much we want to change.
for a 100% food addict weight loss surgery wont work so well as the cravings & the want for food will over rule the want/need to be slim, thats why some ppl fail and some ppl dont, as food is more of an addiction for some than others.

what ever weight loss surgery we have chosen isnt a magic cure, it takes a lot of hard work and determination, theres always a way around it, but it depends on how much being slim or slimmer comes before the food addiction we all have, and how much we want to change.
for a 100% food addict weight loss surgery wont work so well as the cravings & the want for food will over rule the want/need to be slim, thats why some ppl fail and some ppl dont, as food is more of an addiction for some than others.

I agree with this Liz, how addictivie a personality a person has will affect the success or failure..it's like some people can just stop smoking and others struggle...food is an addiction like drugs etc...xx

I agree with this Liz, how addictivie a personality a person has will affect the success or failure..it's like some people can just stop smoking and others struggle...food is an addiction like drugs etc...xx

yes thats right, ive owned up to many people im a food addict, thats why i chose wls to help me control my food addiction, yes ive lost weight but im still a food addict and probably always will be, ive just learned how to control that addiction now with the help of wls and re educate myself on my out look to food now.

Back