• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass and eczema

majove66

Had my bypass june 2011,have since lost 9 stone,but for the past 10 months have been suffering from terrible eczema,have any fellow bypassers also suffered following surgery,i have terrible patches on both my hands and both eyelids

I haven't had a bypass I had a sleeve and started to suffer with really dry skin and patches of eczema on my elbows following surgery, also my dermatitis started to flare up. I'm only 6 months post op and still suffer, it goes away with treatment and comes back again. I'm drinking loads so don't think it could be fluids. Will be interesting to see if other people have suffered after wlsurgery. At one point I thought I was starting to fall apart lol, hope it gets better for u soon x

a solution maybe

Just been reading of other fellow bypassers who have suffered itchy skin post operation,it appears it is more than likely caused by our lower fat diet that we follow,also possible dehydration,heres hoping for a big improvement in my eczema

I used to suffer with a mild case of it in my teens and early 20s but haven't had any for 6 years. Since my sleeve 4 months ago Ive had eczema on my arms and elbows. I thought I must be lacking something in my nutrition but cant figure out what.

Back