• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass criteria

Louie lou

Pre-Op
Hi a bit if advise please.
I had a Gastric Bypass 9 months ago and have lost nearly 9 stone with 4 to go and I'm over the moon.

But my husband is talking about having one now as well. I got mine because I was a BMI of 53 but his is only 43 he has about 8 stone to lose. The reason he wants one is he's got a very bad back and sleep apnea. But he had a Heart Attack 6 weeks ago and is finding it difficult to do what the Cardio team want because of his back.
I know if you have diabetes you can get the Bypass but does a heart Attack and back problems and sleep apnea comply with the criteria too ???

Thanks for any help x

i would say yes but i not on panel for funding, go to your gp and start the ball rolling good luck and well done on your weight loss

Wow what an amazing weight loss, my bmi is only 44 ( only!!) haha and my gp has put a referral in, am waiting for my first appointment, ive got pre diabetes and joint problems and she said i would qualify....... Only time will tell i suppose, how long did you have to wait?
Sue x

Wow what an amazing weight loss, my bmi is only 44 ( only!!) haha and my gp has put a referral in, am waiting for my first appointment, ive got pre diabetes and joint problems and she said i would qualify....... Only time will tell i suppose, how long did you have to wait? Sue x

Hi I waited 6 weeks for the first appointment on the 15th Oct 2012 had my operation on the 23 April 2013.

We went to the doctors on Friday and he says he'll see if he qualifies. Hope so because he's suffered enough with 2 ops on his back 4 lots of injections, stents in his heart now heart attack. Plus the sleep apnea which is scary. I had it to but don't anymore. Thank god.
Hope you go ok with your first appointment good luck. You won't regret it. It's the best thing I've ever done. Let me know how you go on. X

Thanks for reply, im really impatient......been 3 weeks but still not heard owt, will let you know, i really hope i get it, let me know how hubby gets on too
X

Back