• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Help

natt

Hi, my name is Natalie. I am 10weeks post op Gastric Bypass. Im starting to struggle on what to eat. My weight loss has only been 3.5 stone. I didn't loose any weight last week. Any ideas would be appreciated!! x

Well firstly, well done on your progress so far. Secondly, 3.5 stones isn't to be sniffed at....it is suggested that people can lose an average of a stone a month in the fisrt few months.....BUT....much depends on how long you dieted before your op, how long you were on your pre-op diet for, how big you were before, current exercise activity etc. E.g. someone who started off over 20 stone + is more likely to lose more weight in the early stages than someone who had a bypass at 15 stone, as obviously that person has less to lose. You don't really give any details so it is difficult to advise. Also, as for not losing any weight last week, that is very common. Weight loss is rarely a diagonal drop...it's more often in little steps, where a stall for a week, or sometimes a few weeks is quite common. As to what to eat now, I take it you are on solids now if you are 10 weeks out? You should be having 3 small meals a day made up predominantly of protein, with a couple of small snacks (e.g. a LF yoghurt or piece of fruit) if you feel hungry. You should also be aiming to have at least 2 litres of fluid everyday. It would be helpful if you posted a typical day foodwise so we can see what/when you are eating.

I agree with the other guys! Your weight loss is amazing and really is not to be sniffed at! It took me the 'stone a month' to lose and I was disheartened at times, but hey - its coming off!
Are you on solid food? If so as Angie says, protein meals at least 3 times a day. For me that never worked so I had more frequent smaller meals and any snacks (which shouldnt be needed at your stage) we're always protein based such as a few spoons of cottage cheese, a slice of ham rolled up, babybels etc.
Aain well done on your weight loss!
Sally x

Natt, i wish i'd lost 3.5 stone in that amount of time. I'm six months out and 4 stone down. We all lose at different rates..... we also all learn to cope with weeks when we don't stall, you will have weeks of no loss. There's nothing you can do to stop the stalls, your body is battling about giving up the fat! Just keep doing what your doing and you'll be fine....

As someone else said, aim for your three meals a day, if you need a snack in between go for protein rich ones... Protein first all the way...

Way to go...I am almost 3 weeks out and all I know is the importanance of protein and 3 small meals are key. I am on a stall for weight loss but I know I have lost inches. Keep the faith.

You have done great...keep it up x

I have found that weighing your self week by week can just de motivate yourself I know you need to feel it works but sometimes it's your body holding onto the weight it does not want to give it up just don't worry change a small way exercise or change meal times can affect it
Don't let it get you down overal you are doing great and it will carry on
Mark

Back