• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jan3

Hi My name is Janet and I had gastric bypass surgery in 2010. I had done really well and lost 6 stone. Over the last 18 months I have put on a lot of weight. I am wanting to lose the weight again. Has anyone else been in this situation? I am starting protein shakes today with almond milk.

Hey Janet,
Welcome to the forum. I am pretty newly banded so can't really be too much help but I'm sure the advice will come flooding in :) xxx

Sorry I can’t help as I am still Pre op
Hopefully someone will be able to help
Have heard people say something about a reset diet. Believe it’s like the LRD but I could be wrong x

Hi My name is Janet and I had gastric bypass surgery in 2010. I had done really well and lost 6 stone. Over the last 18 months I have put on a lot of weight. I am wanting to lose the weight again. Has anyone else been in this situation? I am starting protein shakes today with almond milk.
Hi Janet, welcome to the forum. I'm still pre op, but I've heard of people using the re set diet like Emma said to kick start your weight loss again. Lot if info on Google about it. Have you spoken to your GP about your regain? x

Welcome Janet, have you tried a pouch reset?
I’m only 9 months bypassed but admit I’m terrified of gaining, at my MDT I was told that 30% of bypassed patients put all their weight back on in 5 years.....very scary indeed..
Can you pinpoint the reason for your gains, has it happened quickly or gradually and have your eating habits changed?
Have you tried contacting your team for advice.
Gook luck with the shakes, don’t forget vitamins and minerals especially if your on almond milk, how much do you want to lose?
Sorry lots of questions xx

Hi Janet, welcome to the forum. I'm still pre op, but I've heard of people using the re set diet like Emma said to kick start your weight loss again. Lot if info on Google about it. Have you spoken to your GP about your regain? x

Hi I don't mind the questions. I would ideally like to lose at least 2 stones. It came on gradually, I think it was because my Dad had lost a lot of weight and was put onto a high calorie diet by his dietician. The low fat low sugar stuff sort of didn't get bought and high fat etc was. My Dad lived with my Husband and I but died in November.
I have thought about ringing the bariatric team but I am a bit hesitant as to whether they will help with my surgery being too far back.
I have had to stop the almond milk it gave me terrible gastric upsets. I am eating a high protein lean meat with veggies and fruit. I still have a good restriction with the pouch. Today I could only eat 1 wholemeal wrap with about a palm sized amount of chicken then I was full.
My GP isn't interested in my weight gain. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and Fibromyalgia which has caused me to physically slow down which doesn't help.
J xxx

My GP isn't really interested in helping. I am thinking of ringing the bariatric Dietician for advice. I don't know if they will help so long after the surgery.
I still have a good restriction with the pouch, apart from the almond milk I have never had any dumping syndrome which means I can eat high cals, sugar and fats. Although I have stopped eating them for the last 2 weeks and eating more healthily now. Fingers crossed J xx
Sorry I can’t help as I am still Pre op
Hopefully someone will be able to help
Have heard people say something about a reset diet. Believe it’s like the LRD but I could be wrong x
Hi Emma what does LRD stand for? I still have good restriction with the pouch but will take a look. Thanks J xx

My GP isn't really interested in helping. I am thinking of ringing the bariatric Dietician for advice. I don't know if they will help so long after the surgery.
I still have a good restriction with the pouch, apart from the almond milk I have never had any dumping syndrome which means I can eat high cals, sugar and fats. Although I have stopped eating them for the last 2 weeks and eating more healthily now. Fingers crossed J xx

Hi Emma what does LRD stand for? I still have good restriction with the pouch but will take a look. Thanks J xx
LRD stands for the Liver Reducing Diet that you do just before WLS.
Reset diet ..It's basically just going back to basics, like starting out again like you've just had your op, where you do liquids, then purees, then mashed to get yourself back to doing the instructions your team set out for you in the first place to keep you on track. x

Hi I don't mind the questions. I would ideally like to lose at least 2 stones. It came on gradually, I think it was because my Dad had lost a lot of weight and was put onto a high calorie diet by his dietician. The low fat low sugar stuff sort of didn't get bought and high fat etc was. My Dad lived with my Husband and I but died in November.
I have thought about ringing the bariatric team but I am a bit hesitant as to whether they will help with my surgery being too far back.
I have had to stop the almond milk it gave me terrible gastric upsets. I am eating a high protein lean meat with veggies and fruit. I still have a good restriction with the pouch. Today I could only eat 1 wholemeal wrap with about a palm sized amount of chicken then I was full.
My GP isn't interested in my weight gain. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and Fibromyalgia which has caused me to physically slow down which doesn't help.
J xxx
Sorry to hear about your dad passing. x

J xxx
I would ring your bariatric team definitely and hope they can advise you xx

LRD stands for the Liver Reducing Diet that you do just before WLS.
Reset diet ..It's basically just going back to basics, like starting out again like you've just had your op, where you do liquids, then purees, then mashed to get yourself back to doing the instructions your team set out for you in the first place to keep you on track. x
Thank you. I am trying to go back and eat what I was when I went onto solids after the surgery. J x

Hi jan u have deffo come to right place for support there is ample enough support here im still pre opp so unable to help but wish u luck in getting losing again

A

w yes, unfortunately my ouch seems to tolerate fat and sugar quite well, I try to keep it to a minimum but I do fail at times x good luck my love I’m sure you can do this xx

Hi Hun and welcome to you :). This is an amazing forum lovely people who understand and support. I’m 6 months post bypass next week. :) I think a lot I’ve read about weight gain and re-set seems to be go back to the beginning Milk diet then liquid,purée and slowly back to your solids. I read one from America the other week poor lady circumstances had caused her to over eat and she thought had stretched her Pouch. She was recommended to go back to the beginning and it worked for her. I suppose it couldn’t hurt to try Oh also she had slipped with her fluids was not drinking enough and at the wrong times. Hope it helps a little :). Good luck xx

Hi Irene, thanks for that. I think I will try and go back to the milk diet and go forward from there. I have managed to lose 4 pounds but I know I am not going to be able to continue in the long term. I am feeling hungry a lot of the time so maybe my restriction isn't as good as I thought. I have increase protein intake and fluids. I am not drinking for 30 minutes before or after a meal. Thank you for the advice I am going in search of the milk diet. xx

Hi Irene, thanks for that. I think I will try and go back to the milk diet and go forward from there. I have managed to lose 4 pounds but I know I am not going to be able to continue in the long term. I am feeling hungry a lot of the time so maybe my restriction isn't as good as I thought. I have increase protein intake and fluids. I am not drinking for 30 minutes before or after a meal. Thank you for the advice I am going in search of the milk diet. xx

Worth a try hun I’ve got my fingers crossed for you. I can always post a picture of mine for you if you need one xx

That would be great Irene if you could xx

There you go chick. This is the Sunderland weight loss wards :) xx

Attachments

• 9E3EA5D3-F6E4-4285-9F9D-5FE12AF16BD9.png
    9E3EA5D3-F6E4-4285-9F9D-5FE12AF16BD9.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 10
Back