• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve abroad

Heidi C

hi here
I'm heading off in 3 weeks to have a gastric sleeve operation in prague. i was wondering if anyone else had been abroad to have their surgery? would love to hear about your experiences
have a super day
hx

Iamtasha

hi here
I'm heading off in 3 weeks to have a gastric sleeve operation in prague. i was wondering if anyone else had been abroad to have their surgery? would love to hear about your experiences
have a super day
hx

Hi Heidi,

I had my gastric sleeve done in Prague a little over three months ago. Where are you having your operation done?

Tasha

Heidi C

Hi Heidi,

I had my gastric sleeve done in Prague a little over three months ago. Where are you having your operation done?

Tasha

Hi Tasha
I'm going to PRAGA MEDICA.
How are you doing? How did it go? How are you feeling?
Ooohhhh so many questions

Can't wait to hear your news
Hx

Iamtasha

Hi Tasha
I'm going to PRAGA MEDICA.
How are you doing? How did it go? How are you feeling?
Ooohhhh so many questions

Can't wait to hear your news
Hx

I can not fault anything about my surgery. I don't know anything about Praga medica, I went to the Surgal clinic in Brno. The staff were great, really attentive, the rooms were nice, like I said, I can't find fault!

I don't know how soon you're flying home after surgery, I flew home three days after and that was fine, in truth I would have liked to go home a day early but I think I'm generally a bit impatient!

I came home with all the medications I needed, a months worth of blood thinning injections, pain killers etc.

Three months on and I'm eating 'normally', that is to say I am eating pretty much anything but in tiny portions! I found the first few weeks hard with the liquid and purée stages but in reality it does go quickly, it just feels like an eternity!

Heidi C

I can not fault anything about my surgery. I don't know anything about Praga medica, I went to the Surgal clinic in Brno. The staff were great, really attentive, the rooms were nice, like I said, I can't find fault!

I don't know how soon you're flying home after surgery, I flew home three days after and that was fine, in truth I would have liked to go home a day early but I think I'm generally a bit impatient!

I came home with all the medications I needed, a months worth of blood thinning injections, pain killers etc.

Three months on and I'm eating 'normally', that is to say I am eating pretty much anything but in tiny portions! I found the first few weeks hard with the liquid and purée stages but in reality it does go quickly, it just feels like an eternity!

Hi
Thanks for that, just saw on the side that you have lost an incredible 3st, that's amazing. I'm needing to lose about 5st and I can't wait to have a tool to help.
Any tips on what to take with to the hospital that I can't get while I'm there?
Thanx

Iamtasha

I can't think of anything really useful that I took with me, apart from the important essentials. I over packed (as usual!) and took everything I could think of 'just in case' and I didn't use most of the stuff I took. Before I went I bought some no added sugar squash, the tiny bottles that you can take anywhere, thinking that as drinking water would be important I would try them if I got bored of plain water. Turns out I didn't use them once!

Where I was the tv in the room only had one English speaking channel which was CNN. My mum came with me so I wasn't bored but I did take my iPad and a book but didn't bother with them in the end.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I will report back if I have any thoughts!

Have you been asked to do a pre op diet? How are you feeling about it all?

MoniDavina

Hey Heidi,

I had mine done in Brno, with SurGal, two months ago. I am surprised a how normal I felt pretty much straight after surgery. Prague is really nice so if you get a chance to look around whilst you're there I'd recommend it.

Quite a few people have had their operations in Prague/Czech Republic and I've not heard anyone say that they had any issues, the level of care is really outstanding.

I hope you surgery goes well xx

Heidi C

I can't think of anything really useful that I took with me, apart from the important essentials. I over packed (as usual!) and took everything I could think of 'just in case' and I didn't use most of the stuff I took. Before I went I bought some no added sugar squash, the tiny bottles that you can take anywhere, thinking that as drinking water would be important I would try them if I got bored of plain water. Turns out I didn't use them once!

Where I was the tv in the room only had one English speaking channel which was CNN. My mum came with me so I wasn't bored but I did take my iPad and a book but didn't bother with them in the end.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I will report back if I have any thoughts!

Have you been asked to do a pre op diet? How are you feeling about it all?

Hi,
I am due to receive my itinerary and info pack today. I have just been told to eat light on the Monday and have nothing from the night before. That could change today though when I receive the info. I travel a lot for work and pleasure so not to bothered by that. I'm just a little sad that my husband won't be there. That I won't hear him say "see you when you wake up" and feel his hand on my face when I do..........silly I know but he has always been there for me with all the previous ops I have ever had.
This is an op that he does not really understand. He has no weight issues. He has always told me he loves me just as I am but will support any choice I make.
So that's it really. What foods were you buying the first couple of weeks when you got home? Still can't get over the fact that you have lost 3 st in as many months. Shoo

Heidi C

Hey Heidi,

I had mine done in Brno, with SurGal, two months ago. I am surprised a how normal I felt pretty much straight after surgery. Prague is really nice so if you get a chance to look around whilst you're there I'd recommend it.

Quite a few people have had their operations in Prague/Czech Republic and I've not heard anyone say that they had any issues, the level of care is really outstanding.

I hope you surgery goes well xx
Thank you!

Iamtasha

Hi,
I am due to receive my itinerary and info pack today. I have just been told to eat light on the Monday and have nothing from the night before. That could change today though when I receive the info. I travel a lot for work and pleasure so not to bothered by that. I'm just a little sad that my husband won't be there. That I won't hear him say "see you when you wake up" and feel his hand on my face when I do..........silly I know but he has always been there for me with all the previous ops I have ever had.
This is an op that he does not really understand. He has no weight issues. He has always told me he loves me just as I am but will support any choice I make.
So that's it really. What foods were you buying the first couple of weeks when you got home? Still can't get over the fact that you have lost 3 st in as many months. Shoo

My mum had a gastric sleeve about 8 months before me and although she had more to lose she lost her weight a lot quicker than I am, my weight loss has really slowed but I feel like I have a long way to go yet!

As I understand the universal advice after a sleeve is that you should be getting 60g of protein a day - the first few weeks I was getting no where near. For the liquid stage I was mainly on protein shakes (I didn't like them much) and petit filous yogurts. At this point I could manage one bottle of protein shake stretched over the course of a day and one petit filous. I did have a small amount of thin soup on this stage too. I think this was the hardest stage personally, I was sooo ready to move on to purée!